IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding
solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning
research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs
of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop
quality and productivity, reduce
producer and consumer risks, and
generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization
founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA
works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam,
cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture
research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Assistant/Driver
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-037
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in driving project vehicle to convey authorized personnel;
- Assist with day to day maintenance of ACAI Project vehicle;
- Assist in general field work;
- Assist in collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items to project collaborators;
- Assist in ensuring project vehicle complies with the minimum
operating security standards (MOSS) as well as up to date vehicle
documents all the time;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- O’level with 2 years’ experience performing same role.
Ideal Candidate must;
- Good Communication skill;
- Ability to speak more than one Nigeria language.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering
letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience
relates to the specific duties of the position applied for,
curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees
(which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or
previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at
his/her present or former place of work).
Application Deadline 7th October, 2016.