11 Oct 2016
iMMAP Job in Nigeria for a Country Security Adviser
iMMAP is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Country Security Adviser
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Program Title: Provision of Information Management support to Response Clusters in Nigeria
Duration: 12 months
Starting Date: ASAP
Scope of Work
- The Country Security Adviser (CSA) will work with the iMMAP Nigeria team to ensure the safety and security of all in-country staff.
- The primary function of the CSA is to provide assistance to the Country Director on all safety and security issues, as they relate to staff and programs in Nigeria.
- The CSA will monitor and assess local security conditions, and make recommendations to the Country Director and the Global Security Manager as appropriate.
- The CSA is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of security and contingency planning in order to ensure the safety of all staff in country.
- The CSA will monitor the security situation in Nigeria, conduct risk assessments, authorize field visits, assist in tracking of staff movements, participate in enforcing security and safety procedures and provide sound and timely advice to staff and management on safety and security matters.
- The CSA will maintain contacts with local and national authorities and international state and non-state actors, compiling threat analysis, incident reports and routine security reports.
- The CSA will conduct and submit to the Country Director, Site Risk Assessments for locations regularly visited by iMMAP staff, including field locations.
- The CSA will maintain the validity of emergency & contingencies protocols based on the applicable E&C level, and conduct security training, exercise immediate action drills and regularly conduct emergency drills as prescribed in the Project Security Plan.
- The CSA will ensure that communication protocols are implemented and project warden lists are up to date.
- The CSA will liaise with other humanitarian and emergency actors as well as international and national governments on safety and security matters.
- The CSA will create a daily situation report as required, including analysis of Nigerian media.
- The CSA will conduct security induction briefs for new staff.
- The CSA will liaise and coordinate timely and efficiently with the Global Security Manager regarding security incidents, threats or deficiencies which potential could affect operations.
- The CSA will ensure the implementation of safety and security policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as detailed by the Global Security Manager.
- The CSA will develop and update as required the Project Security Plan for the Nigeria country program and ensuring compliance with iMMAP’s global operating principles and risk management policies.
- The CSA shall physically assist with staff movements of international staff in Maiduguri. Additionally, the CSA shall monitor all staff movements in Nigeria in close coordination with the iMMAP HQ Security Coordinator, and ensure that staff follow travel authorization protocols.
- The CSA will design and practice emergency systems, emergency communications and provisioning of emergency supplies for all staff.
- The CSA will perform other duties as assigned.
- The CSA will report directly to the Country Director with technical reporting line to the Global Security Manager.
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP in country associates, officers and staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the general public.
- Follow iMMAP's branding regulations required for marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
- Considerable practical experience of managing security in complex contexts and high risk environments;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of working in the safety and security sector. Former military or police, or extensive experience as an NGO security officer or with a Private Security Company;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and analyse data and translate into effective information;
- Ability to work well in a small team, operate under pressure, prioritise and deliver high quality work within deadlines, and meet team objectives; Ability to provide a clear Criminal Record Check,
- Ability to provide honourable discharge papers, if a previous member of Armed Forces or Police Service.
- Previous experience working in international non-governmental organization is preferred;
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel;
- Minimum reasonable oral and written English skills. Fluent in one or more of the local languages (Hausa, Fulani or Kuneri);
- iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Monday 17th October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.