26 Oct 2016
Information Technology Jobs in Nigeria at eHealth Africa
health commodities, streamline clinical procedures, monitor vaccine usage and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
eHealth Africa is recruiting to fill the job position of:
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
- The System Administrator is responsible for creating continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different engagements and technologies.
- S/he translates software requirements into workable programming code as well as develops and maintains programs for business use.
- Creates continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different technologies
- Collaborates with the product and engineering teams to design, build and maintain efficient tools and frameworks to manage highly performant applications
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Provides thought-leadership relating to emerging technologies and makes recommendations how to integrate them into business operations
- Follows best practices for quality, testability & operability
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments
- Develops state-of-the-art monitoring and metrics gathering systems
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field
- Background in Python- or Java-based backend services
- Experience using cloud services (AWS preferred) and a variety of open source technologies
- Experience using Git
- Experience and preference for working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Fluent in English, French is desired
- Minimum of 4 years practical development or operational experience or equivalent
- Experience leveraging Docker and Vagrant within a local development workflow
- Experience with deployment of production code leveraging Docker containers
Job Title: Senior UI/UX Designer
- The Senior UI/UX Designer is responsible for creating amazing user experiences.
- S/he should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI/UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Defines and implements innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Executes all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Creates original concepts with a focus on user-friendliness
- Creates wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps for mobile and web platforms
- Presents and defends designs and deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conducts user research and evaluates user feedback
- Establishes and promotes design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in interaction design, new media design or related design field
- 5+ years of experience in UI/ UX design
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Fluent in English
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
- The Senior Developer is responsible for developing and supporting projects, functions and completing specific client work, projects and miscellaneous tasks.
- This highly responsible position involves using established work procedures to analyse, design, develop, implement, maintain, re-engineer and troubleshoot applications.
- Directs technical aspects of operations related to client accounts or high severity issues
- Participates in the evolution of company level software best practices, standards, and policies
- Defines objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Works closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Collaborates with product owners, technical architects and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and mobile-based applications
- Provides thought-leadership as to emerging technologies and integrate them into business operations
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of solutions for upcoming projects
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Well familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of databases and SQL. Some exposure to NoSQL Databases ideal
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Strong unit test and debugging skills as well as proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- Fluent in English
Job Title: Associate Geo-data Analyst
- The Associate Geodata Analyst designs, compiles and analyzes data; and prepares data, analysis, maps and mapping applications for various eHealth Africa’s departments and relevant stakeholders using specialized computer software.
- S/he works collaboratively to prepare detailed reports to meet internal and external requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned
- Develops computer interfacing, data translation, data collection, mobile, web and computer applications using GIS and data collection applications.
- Coordinates the acquisition of new spatial data and supervises the integration of the data into eHA’s GIS. Identifies, understands, and articulates solutions for issues by means of strong knowledge of open source GIS tools including PostGIS, gdal, QGIS and Geoserver, and ArcGIS (including ArcGIS for Desktop and other ArcGIS technologies).
- Supports the development and maintenance of custom processes and models to ensure data quality assurance. Manages individual data and application’s development projects. Coordinates directly with all eHA’s departments to develop and maintain specific GIS data and analysis. Conducts GIS data capture using Global Positioning System (GPS) positioning equipment and other means.
- Provides support for GIS data conversion, systems integration and application’s development and implementation. Designs, develops, tests, documents and certifies applications, programmes and systems functionality.
- Assists with designing and implementing training plans. Provides support and training on various aspects of GIS software, database creation and use. Coordinates GIS activities with programmers and technicians. Responsible for updating, maintaining mapping standards and work processes.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the use of GIS and any related software problems. Conducts complex analysis using ArcGIS and QGIS in a variety of projects.
- Maintains GIS database as assigned by the Lead Geodata Analyst or GIS Manager, including inputting and correcting data, determining formats, researching data conversions, establishing data specifications, updating sources and maintaining data integrity. Provides specifications for software and hardware to facilitate eHA’s needs regarding GIS.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings, seminars and trainings in order to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of geographic information systems technology.
- Performs other duties assigned by Management.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Geoinformatics, Geography, Surveying, Cartography, Social Science or related field. Minimum of three (3) years of GIS experience preferably in the Nonprofit sector or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Significant and advanced GIS experience may substitute for the Master’s degree.
- Relevant working experience in an NGO is desirable. Demonstrated Knowledge of GIS data principles, practices and Techniques, Cartography and data collection systems. Ability to perform GIS data conversion/editing, GIS maps production, spatial database management, spatial analysis/reporting tasks. Ability to interpret land descriptions, maps, drawings, charts, plans, survey records, and aerial photos.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in the operation of GIS
- Advanced knowledge and skill in the operation of GIS surveying and related equipment, including computer hardware, plotter/printer setup, GPS. Prior experience with AutoCAD is preferred. Provide support in the implementation and maintenance of various geographic information systems applications.
- Must possess excellent administrative and communication skills. Demonstrates attention to detail, good writing and listening skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills. Ability to work independently and in a team. Must possess good problem solving skills.
Certifications and Licenses
- GIS certification
- First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program. Experience with ESRI software, specifically the ArcGIS suite (ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox) Spatial Analyst, geodatabases and ESRI’s extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst), Open Source GIS (QGIS, PostGIS and Geoserver), FME Desktop and python.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.