Job Title: Factory Manager – Expatriate
Job Reference: 1104
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Industry & Manufacturing
Function: Operations & Production
- His first responsibility within the organisation is to enforce
and assure that safety standards are always fully implemented within his
- His second responsibility within the organisation is to ensure
at all time that operation are conducted within an excellent
housekeeping (a clean environment is prone to excellence and safety).
- Full responsibility for controlling with his managerial team
the labour force (overtime, labour force allocated per production
- Full authority for organising the maintenance interventions,
for ordering the necessary external services and required parts (within
the allocated yearly budget)
- Full authority on the daily factory operations within the guide lines defined by the COO.
- Full responsibility for correct implementation of the recipe
and operational production parameters (density and thickness) defined
by the COO for achieving the expected raw material yield.
- Organize safety talks and trainings with his team and downwards within the factory structure.
- Ensure at all time that housekeeping is implemented as per company guidelines.
- Manage his Factory to obtain the best possible machine
efficiency with the lowest possible level of stoppages to ensure the
optimal production capacity at all time of the production lines.
- Ensure that finished products leaving his factory comply at all
time and consistently to the quality and specifications defined by
- Prepare with his managers the annual shut down (list of works
to be done, list of parts needed, ensure the availability of internal
and external resources, prepare necessary risk analysis for exceptional
works and define appropriate protective counter measures).
- Organize, participate and lead daily the factory operation meeting (safety, maintenance, process, operation review).
- Assist the COO in the elaboration of the yearly budget: heavy maintenance, capex replacement, labour optimisation…
- Participate to the weekly operational meeting with the commercial people for optimum definition of the production planning.
- Coaching and teaching to his close collaborator the best practice of management.
- Organize the monthly follow-up and strict adherence to the maintenance budget defined by the COO.
- Ensure that production is done with strict respect of raw material recipes and raw material yield as directed by the COO.
- Manage and organize the required number of shifts based on the yearly factory production budget defined by the COO.
- Ensure with procurement and technical store managements that
vital spares and consumables are always available to have smooth
- Graduated engineer (electro-mechanical with strong automation knowledge)
- Preferably 10 years with experience in manufacturing organisation or in maintenance management
- Good understanding of automation (be able to dialogue with added value with technicians in charge)
- Strong technical background for follow-up of maintenance team (generalist formation is ideal)
- Capable to manage a skilled workforce and his direct team.
- Communication skills and ability to motivate a team is most essential.
- Must be a leader motivating his team for achieving the goals defined by the COO and the company.
- Having participated to the Redco training is a must.
- SAP knowledge will be a plus
- Able to negotiate with local contractors involved in the execution of projects allocated to the factory manager by the COO.
- Ideally, someone having already a strong exposure to the fibre cement technology.
- Good understanding of the production and process
Attractive expatriate package
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply