IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development
institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working
with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to
create opportunity where it’s needed most.
In FY15, our long-term
investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion,
leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private
sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst TMT
Job #: 162170
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
IFC’s TMT Group is looking for an Investment Analyst to be based in
Lagos to support its business development and investment activities in
Africa. With a global deal flow, a diverse portfolio of companies and
with many transactions live at any given time, the group is an excellent
place to build your buy-side investment skills, understand key elements
of due diligence in very different settings, how risk is analyzed,
accepted and mitigated, and how companies are built and monitored.
Duties and Accountabilities
The responsibilities of the Investment Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Analyze financial statements and prepare financial models;
- Work with senior staff to help identify viable investment
transactions across various geographies through mapping, desk research
and pipeline management;
- Understand operations and different business models, map and explain business processes;
- Perform analytics on markets, company performances, portfolio and other data;
- Help design and maintain proper KPIs for portfolio companies or opportunities in watch-list.
- Conduct industry, market and company research;
- Prepare investment-related documents for internal and external audiences;
- Participate in all aspects of IFC’s deal approval process
including opportunity development, due diligence, negotiations and
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialized finance experience;
- 1-3 year experience in investment and credit analysis with
investment banking background within a major financial institution,
consulting company or large corporation;
- Willing to travel on short notices;
- Experience or demonstrated interest in equity investments;
- Interest in the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in French is a plus.
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to
interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member
with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her
Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year
- Only online applications will be accepted. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 7th November, 2016.