15 Oct 2016
International Finance Corporation (IFC) Job for a Graduate Investment Analyst
most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst, TMT
Job #: 162170
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
IFC’s TMT Group is looking for an Investment Analyst to be based in Lagos to support its business development and investment activities in Africa. With a global deal flow, a diverse portfolio of companies and with many transactions live at any given time, the group is an excellent place to build your buy-side investment skills, understand key elements of due diligence in very different settings, how risk is analyzed, accepted and mitigated, and how companies are built and monitored.
Duties and Accountabilities
The responsibilities of the Investment Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Analyze financial statements and prepare financial models;
- Conduct industry, market and company research;
- Work with senior staff to help identify viable investment transactions across various geographies through mapping, desk research and pipeline management;
- Understand operations and different business models, map and explain business processes;
- Perform analytics on markets, company performances, portfolio and other data;
- Help design and maintain proper KPIs for portfolio companies or opportunities in watch-list.
- Prepare investment-related documents for internal and external audiences;
- Participate in all aspects of IFC's deal approval process including opportunity development, due diligence, negotiations and portfolio management;
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with specialized finance experience;
- 1-3 year experience in investment and credit analysis with investment banking background within a major financial institution, consulting company or large corporation;
- Willing to travel on short notices;
- Experience or demonstrated interest in equity investments;
- Interest in the World Bank Group and IFC's mission, strategy and values;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, fluency in French is a plus.
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.