19 Oct 2016
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) recruitment for Graduate Research Support Officers
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 10/19/2016 10:38:00 am Tags: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture , OND/HND/BSC Jobs , Oyo State
IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Support Officer
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-044
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in the application of diagnostics techniques such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and nucleic acid isolation methods
- Conduct field assessment of yam diseases
- Participate in field surveys and preparation of high quality report on findings
- Carryout data management and analysis using tools available in the YamBase
- Prepare of timely and accurate technical reports
- Coordinate Propagation of planting materials in screen house and field
- Maintain virus and fungal isolates
- Monitor and reporting of field and screen house activities
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- B.Sc in Plant Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology or closely related fields with minimum of three (3) years professional experience preferably with a reputable organization
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good laboratory and field research skills
- Good communication and supervisory skills
- Good data management analysis skills
- Ability to work independently and ability to acquire skills quickly (fast learner)
- Good Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures
- Good computer skills, MS-Office applications, use of document and data management applications
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.