13 Oct 2016
International School Job for an IGCSE PHE Teacher
Job Title: IGCSE PHE Teacher
Location: Calabar, Nigeria
Reporting line: Head of Department
Hours: Full time
- To teach PHE in the IGCSE curriculum and mark IGCSE PHE Examination
- This post would suit either a newly qualified or an experienced teacher. The successful candidate should be able to inspire all students to fulfil their academic potential.
- It is essential that the appointed person is an effective team member, who can help to promote the Faculty via curriculum enhancement trips, and is willing to actively seek opportunities to develop teaching and learning within the subject.
- The PHE IGCSE syllabus provides learners with an opportunity to study both the practical and theoretical aspects of physical education. It is designed to encourage enjoyment in physical activity by providing learners with an opportunity to take part in a range of physical activities and develop an understanding of effective and safe physical performance.
- This helps learners to develop an appreciation of the necessity for sound understanding of the principles, practices and training that underpin improved performance, better health and well-being.
Teaching and Learning:
- Be an exemplary teacher, clearly demonstrating effective planning, teaching organisation, and demanding high standards of attainment and behaviour in all lessons.
- Monitor individual student achievement and respond accordingly.
- Contribute to the relevant sections of the school’s evaluation and improvement documentation.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings.
- Attend and participate in regular CPD sessions.
- Monitor and oversee the planning and delivery of specified areas of the Physical Education Curriculum and liaise with the Director of Sport and other members of the PE team on any matters that arise (experience with the English National Curriculum, IGCSE and A Level would be considered advantageous).
- Monitor students’ work effectively and according to the school’s requirements.
- Provide effective written and/or oral feedback to students.
- Be a vital part of the team that delivers a high quality and varied extracurricular programme with specific responsibility for some teams (expertise in volleyball, football, basketball, swimming, rugby or hockey would be advantageous), including coaching and accompanying students for both home and away fixtures.
- Play an active role in supporting the provision of outdoors education including the Duke of Edinburgh
- Award and other adventurous sporting activities linked to IGCSE PE.
- Complete duties around the school in accordance with the weekly Duty Rota.
- Be a House Tutor.
- IGCSE Qualified Teacher Status.
- Willingness and ability to take on an extensive extra-curricular role.
- Experience of playing or coaching a specific sport/s at a high level would be considered advantageous
- Determination and ability to supply the best educational experience in the world.
- A strong and fully committed team player that is able to adapt and work in an exceptionally busy and successful department.
- A passion for your subject and a genuine care for the wellbeing of young people.
Very Attractive and Competitive
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.