28 Oct 2016
IT Systems Administrator Job at Andela
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Andela is seeking an IT Systems Administrator with core competencies in Systems management and IT infrastructure support and is a “world class” technologist.
Your personality reflects that:
- You are passionate about IT.
- You are the person who understands how IT systems work under the hood.
- You have passion for supporting users in a large complex environment.
- You are able to transfer your technical expertise to members of your team as well as other member of the Andela organisation. In this role, you will devise strategies that would leverage technology solutions to solve business challenges positioning IT team and the company at large as world class players.
- You have a clear vision of technology and are able to understand the multiple complex pieces of a technology problem and provide the best solution.
- You are driven and will not let challenges go unsolved.
- You have a keen sense and understand how IT systems play a major role in an organisation’s growth.
On this job you will:
- You will be responsible for all IT centric systems, managing, monitoring, tracking, reporting and resolving any issues that might come up during the day to day operation of each system.
- You will manage the helpdesk system, keeping to strict SLAs as defined.
- You will serve as a first point of contact for all IT related issues and escalate to the appropriate levels.
- You would on occasion provide remote support to users in multiple timezones.
- You will liaise with and support other departments to provide all technology solutions that they might need to fulfill daily tasks.
- You will serve as liaison to third parties to resolve IT issues within the company.
- You will provide subject matter expertise, advice and consultancy for infrastructure and IT systems.
- You will monitor and effect all policies and strategies defined by the department head.
- Be proactive in communicating within and without the department ensuring information transparency.
- You will on occasion work outside regular work hours.
- The ability to troubleshoot IT networks and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Experience in managing a large user base.
- Deep understanding and demonstrated knowledge of core IT concepts including routing, firewalls, operating systems’ maintenance, hardware repairs.
- Working technical knowledge of the Linux operating system and similar environments.
- At least 3 years in IT Administration and managed a large user base.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.