GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with
software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive
and predictive. Through our people, leadership
technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers
by speaking the language of industry.
GE is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nigeria Statutory Leader
Job Number: 2747845
Business: GE Global Operations
Business Segment: Global Operations Finance
- This role will work directly with the regional SSA Statutory
& Controllership teams to prepare and file the statutory financial
statements to support the annual tax returns filed with the local
authorities following the rigorous project planning, execution &
- Your Scope will mainly focus on Nigeria.
- Obtain, interpret and provide country requirements relating to statutory accounting and reporting to business finance managers.
- Hold planning meetings with the statutory auditors to agree on
the audit approach, fees, schedule audit calendar and the prepared by
- Hold planning meetings with the internal process stakeholders
(business finance managers/controllers & tax directors/controllers)
to agree on the audit requirements and key hand over dates.
- Compile and communicate the statutory and tax required
documentation & information that is required to support the local
statutory & tax filing to all the process stakeholders.
- Review & sign-off on required documentation & information provided by business finance teams.
- File the Statutory financial statements in accordance with the local requirements
- Attend operational pulsing meetings throughout the entire
process to update all the process stakeholders on milestones achieved,
challenges and next steps.
- Perform the annual reconciliations between the VAT and statutory
sales for the legal entity & management entities and identify the
- Hold de-brief meetings with all the statutory & tax process
stakeholders and identify process improvement areas as well as any
corrective actions for future filing periods.
- Ownership of e-Compliance obligations for the entities and responsibility for ensuring eCompliance is accurate and up-to-date
- Perform US GAAP to local GAAP (G2S) reconciliation for all
business management entities reported under the legal entity in the
Statutory and Tax Information Reporting tool (STIR).
- Report out the G2S findings to the Statutory Controllership
Leader, Business Finance Managers, Business Tax Controllers and Business
- Prepare the entity level and management entity financial statements in compliance with the local reporting requirements.
- Manage statutory audit field work and monitor the execution in accordance with the agreed audit calendar.
- B.Sc degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited university
- Qualified chartered accountant.
- 4-6 years of experience with Stat to GAAP, Statutory/Tax
filings, analyzing data preferably at Big4 or at companies using long
- Identify risk areas which can impact the timely and accurate
completion of the key milestones and use the appropriate communication
channels provided by the project framework to escalate issues
- Escalate issues on a timely manner using the Stat and Tax Compliance tracker
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Comprehensive understanding on the local documentation requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – report out the
key achievements, challenges and next steps on a weekly basis to the
regional leadership team
- Self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines – strong
engagement to perform activities identified in the project plan and lead
to completion on time and meet the Key Milestone deadlines of the
- Excellent knowledge of country requirements relating to
statutory accounting and reporting & extensive experience in
reporting under Local GAAP.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP requirements & excellent Knowledge of IFRS.
- Ability to identify areas which are subject to G2S differences
and apply them on a US GAAP Trial Balance and documents supporting the
preparation of the Statutory Trial Balance under the local jurisdiction
- Strong attention to details, experience with data analytics
- Demonstrated team player with collaborative and influencing skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Demonstrated ability to create operational guidelines and metrics to facilitate strong process performance.
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills Strong interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply