27 Oct 2016
Job at Pfizer for an Export and Business Development Director
That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
Pfizer is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Export and Business Development Director (m/f)
Job ID: 1041051
- Responsible of the P&L of the assigned countries
- Establish a solid business plan to open new markets.
- Acts as a core member of the Cluster Leadership Team providing business direction and optimizing processes and ways of working
- Managing existing distributor markets (Belgium, Baltics, SEE, BeLux, Turkey) with full P&L responsibility
- Oversees the BU Manager of the Greek/Cyprus/Israel area sub-region
- Develop and drive export sales activity by considering the sales offer and evaluating potential in international markets in the cluster (SEE, Africa)
- Works closely with regulatory, finance, legal and commercial operations to ensure compliance, adherence to local legislation, and distributor agreements are current
- Implement sales and distribution plans to meet customer requirements
- Facilitates business operations between Cluster Lead and Commercial Affiliate leads, owning follow-ups
- Active Cluster change agent – ensuring smooth transitions
- Support for and management of key strategic and operational activities/projects (incl. ad hoc initiatives and BD)
- Champions OP Planing long-term strategic planning process
For assigned countries responsibilities
- Annual net sales and profit objectives
- Business plan to approach white space
- Open new countries
- Keep distributor contracts updated to reassure compliance
- Key talent acquisition, retain and development of the assigned organization
- Previous Commercial or marketing experience in the geography
- Understand complexity of supply chains activities and the most appropriate distribution channels in key export markets
- University degree or equivalent
- Proven experience in influencing and driving decisions and making high-level recommendations for Executive approval, where needed
- Action-oriented and energetic individual, with a focused and pragmatic approach to problem solving and driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Conceptual and analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of building strong working relationships and influencing customers as well as internal teams
- Strong interest and capability in people leading, installing versatile teams that drive results
- Demonstrating financial and commercial acumen when identifying business issues/opportunities
- Financial, legal and regulatory understanding is essential
- 10+ years of commercial and/or marketing experience within OTC/FMCG environment
- Ability to manage senior-level discussions to effectively work with and align with other Business Units, Legal/Compliance, HR, Product Quality etc. with executive presence and appropriate sense of urgency
- Proven ability to lead and manage in a complex environment
- Cross cultural awareness
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Leadership and upward potential
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to think and act strategically and innovatively with strong analytical skills (commercial and financial) acumen
- Highly P&L literate
- Culturally flexible with strong interpersonal skills and excellent stakeholder engagement experience
- Proven ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience and demonstrated success in driving organizational change initiatives required
- High level of IT literacy in Microsoft office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Language skills: English, French or other language spoken in the cluster is an asset
- Ability to coordinate complex and interrelated projects
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to achieve objectives
- Above average communication and negotiation skills
- Location: Paris, France
- Travelling as needed within the cluster is required
Anticipates Customer and Market Needs:
- Externally focused and has a deep understanding of customers and stakeholders.
- Builds connections between Pfizer and the outside world by developing positive, collaborative partnerships that drive sustainable business results.
- Shows fresh, insightful thinking by developing creative approaches to processes and practices, products and solutions, services, business models and strategies
- Understands other people’s unspoken, as well as explicit concerns.
- Adapts own behavior and approach to be more effective, inclusive, and to have positive impact on others
- Manages risk and uncertainty.
- Track record of timely decision-making based on sound mix of analysis and judgment.
- Achieves results through influence in a matrix organization and leverages contributions of colleagues with diverse expertise; builds strong alliances across internal/external stakeholder groups; proactively manages governance processes
- Puts Pfizer’s business interests first. Invests in the success of the whole by aligning across boundaries.
- Recognizes that what is “best” for own division, function or department may require modification to ensure alignment with what is best for Pfizer overall.
- Encourages participation and involvement by all team members; builds trust and team spirit; holds team members accountable for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Creates a climate in which team members strive to excel.
- Effectively challenges status quo and resolves conflict within teams. Provides direct and actionable feedback to others
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, enter the Job Opening ID (1041051) in the Job ID Box, and click "Search"
Application Deadline 1st November, 2016
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.