Job Title: Personal Assistant to a CEO
Job Ref: ‘PACEO’
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The CEO of many successful business investments in different
sectors of the Nigeria economy requires the service of a Personal
Assistant, preferably female to balance the support team.
- The Personal Assistant (PA) to the CEO will provide high-level,
confidential and administrative support to the office of the MD/CEO.
- She is expected to have in-depth knowledge of the various business units under the Group.
- She will be in charge of preparing non-vetted public speeches for the CEO at seminars, symposia, etc.
- Her duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and
include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information
requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with board
- This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- In a nut shell the role provides an efficient and responsive
administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the MD/CEO,
helping to manage and prioritize time.
- The ideal candidate must be exceptionally eloquent with impeccable communication skills.
- It is desired that the ideal candidate have some form of international exposure/work in multinational organisation.
Desired Skills & Experience
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist MD/CEO in conducting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual reviews of tasks and correspondences.
- Schedule on behalf of the CEO meetings with direct reports and the committees and groups to which the CEO is a member.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection
with Admin unit and ensure arrangements are in place for the CEO to
match the requirements.
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD/CEO.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO, including the drafting of general replies.
- Keep and retrieve files for the CEO as at when required.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements
are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary,
necessary papers, etc.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the CEO to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Demonstrable experience in an Administration/Executive
Assistant/PA role in a highly pressurized environment requiring tact,
judgement and discretion in handling internal and external contacts
- Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel
and accommodation (essential), with a minimum of 10 years experience.
- Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential).
- Writing of speeches for invited programmes, seminars, symposia etc
- Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications (this may be tested during the selection process).
- Expert level in the use of Outlook.
- Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint Skills (all essential)
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at
all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting
demands and busy work periods; Ability to think ahead and anticipate
needs before they arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Confident and able to work with own initiative and with limited supervision
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the CEO’s office.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines; Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
Salary is very attractive!!!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications to: email@example.com using “PACEO” as the subject of mail.
Note: Wrongly titled applications will be ignored (please be guided). Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
Application Deadline 20th October, 2016.