Visa Incorporated is a global payments technology company that connects
consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more
than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital
currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa Incorporated is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Director, Digital Payments
Job Number: 163790
Job: Product Development/Management
- Visa’s Digital Team is seeking a Senior Leader who can lead and
manage the introduction and in-market implementation of a new mobile
payment solution for Nigeria.
- The Senior Leader is the product and project lead for Nigeria
and has the overall responsibility for the in-market implementation and
commercialization of a new offering within the payment industry.
- The candidate will need the ability to influence senior
stakeholders, be the product, project and technology subject matter
expert for the market and take a hands on role in activating consumers
and growing merchant acceptance.
- The Digital Senior Leader oversees the technology implementation
and consumer and merchant go to market strategies that will build the
ecosystem for the payment solution in Nigeria via implementing and
managing initiatives and projects that will grow usage by working
closely with Visa’s traditional and non-traditional client and partner
- The role is also responsible for ensuring local markets needs
are communicated in order for the regional and Global Digital teams are
able to effectively support the local market.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience, 7 of which should be in a relevant
field with prior experience in taking new products from the idea stage
to commercial launch.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives.
- Excellent communicator, with strong English written and verbal skills
- Business degree preferred, technical education and background is advantageous.
- Project Management experience is essential
- Extremely high value on direct exposure to emerging market
payment solutions (mobile wallets, mobile money ecosystems, agent
banking, mobile money transfers).
- Must be team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and
influential, flexible, with superb presentation skills, including strong
oral and writing capabilities.
- Understanding and experience of resource management, work allocation, workload and budget management
- Self-starter and able to operate independently, without detailed direction
- Global mind-set, desire and demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally and in a matrix organization
- Understanding of payments, Visa systems, banking and financial services and associated platforms and commercial models.
- Knowledge of payment and mobile technology and their impact on emerging business models.
- Knowledge of consumer behavior in emerging markets.
- Knowledge of retail and its structure in emerging market.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply