21 Oct 2016
Job Opportunities in a Faith Based Not for Profit Foundation in Port Harcourt
The Foundation is registered in Nigeria but seeks to expand its work to the African continent. This work includes giving scholarships, encouraging lifelong learning through trainings and reading initiatives and establishing libraries.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
This individual will be responsible for managing internal operations of the Foundation. This individual will be primarily responsible for implementing core activities and overseeing all administrative and financial task associated with ensuring effective management of memberships and programmes.
- · Report to and work closely with the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
- Develop and define the Foundation’s operational strategy
- Develop and define the Foundation’s marketing strategy
- Develop and build the Foundation’s funding base
- · Provide financial oversight of business operations with a focus on delivering on financial goals and key business metrics;
- · Manage the smooth functioning of the office support systems including negotiations with suppliers, vendors and other service providers in the most cost effective manner;
- · Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial, human resources and administrative policies and procedures;
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Foundation
- · Prepare regular reports on the performance of the entity
- · Ensure that company complies with all tax and legal obligations.
- · Overseeing any other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the Foundation.
- · A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business Administration or any other related field.
- · A Master’s degree in Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, Developmental Studies, or MBA will be an added advantage
- · Over 5 years of experience of managerial experience in international business or development
- · Evidence of strong fundraising and funds management skills
- · Evidence of string networks in the Nigerian private, public and nonprofit sector
- · Demonstrable knowledge and interest in literature and literacy
- · Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- · Proven entrepreneurial ability and capacity to work with significant autonomy
- · A high level of integrity and preparedness to keep stakeholders informed
- · Strong indication of passion for Africa’s development and commitment to the developmental objective of the Foundation
- · Strong communication and writing skills
- · Strong interpersonal skills
- · Strong planning and organisational skills
- · Strong analytical skills
- · Proficiency in the use of social media is an added advantage.
- · A team and bridge builder
Job Title: Programmes/Business Development Officer
The individual hired for this position will be responsible for developing, marketing executing, and implementing the Foundation’s programmes and events. The person will also build and maintain relationships with potential partners and funders for the Foundation’s operations.
- · Create, develop and implement fund-raising strategies for the Foundation
- · Identify potential partnerships with organizations/institutions
- · Research available local and international funding opportunities
- · Review request for proposals (RFPs) and draft proposals to potential partners and donors for fundraising purposes
- · Generate increased income for the Foundation’s programmes and events from existing sources or relationships
- · Maintain and expand the Foundation’s network in the creative and education sector
- · Identify opportunities to actively engage the Foundation’s and Stakeholders
- · Research relevant information to improve the Foundation’s programmatic approach Coordinate the execution and support the implementation of the Foundation’s programmes and activities
- · Monitor and track the impact of the Foundation’s programmes and events
- · Prepare reports for Management, Partners and Funders
- · Support Management in other areas related to ensuring the success of the Foundation
- University degree in international relations, political science, economics, business or public administration or related discipline. A Masters Degree any of these fields will be an advantage
- At least 5 years experience working for a national/international NGO or development agency in programme development and implementation, marketing, fundraising and external relations
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, with good drafting and editing skills
- Proven experience in developing and delivering programmatic and fundraising strategies
- Proven experience in conceptualising, managing and executing programmatic interventions with the ability to achieve financial targets
- Excellent planning, management and organisational skills
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High standard of numeracy and budgeting skills
- High standard of computer competency and literacy
- Proficiency in the use of social media is an added advantage
- A self starter
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, culture and nationalities.
All positions and roles are on full time employment and located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Remuneration: Attractive and dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by clearly indicating the position they are applying for as the header.
Deadline for submission of application is Friday, October 28, 2016.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.