BASF – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer
intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We
link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For
you, this means a variety of ways to advance.
Not only your performance
but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from
BASF’s regional division Europe includes Africa, Middle East as well as
Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States. BASF operates in more
than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the region Europe is our most
BASF is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Hunter, Mining Solutions
What you can expect:
- The incumbent will be responsible for the marketing and sales of
the Company’s products, optimizing market share and profit margins, and
ensuring that the commercial interests of the BASF Mining Solutions
Group are supported and grown across the West Africa region. To achieve
this, core tasks will include:
- Analyzing West African market potentials/ conduct market surveys for allocated portfolio (SLS-Flocculants)
- Coordinate and support the technical team during onsite test work and plant trials.
- Manage customer portfolio, commercial and technical
negotiations, tender participation, technical consultation, cooperation
with plants, R&D institutes, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Accurate on time reporting (e.g. monthly report, forecasts, market data, visit reports, opportunity pipeline, etc.)
- Interaction and cooperation with relevant internal interfaces / service units.
- Propose business models and route-to-market concept for the allocated portfolio in order to win business in West Africa.
- Develop a market / competitor database for allocated portfolio and feed into Regional Marketing Team.
- Maintain and develop customer relationships and actively develop
success business opportunities in the West African region whilst
staying abreast of changes in and /or new development in product demand
in West Africa.
What we expect:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is required.
- Proven track record of 3 – 5 years working experience within the Hydrometallurgy industry is essential.
- Knowledge of main technical processes and equipment for mining industry.
- Related Lab work skills and experience required.
- Willingness and ability to travel is essential.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Candidates must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Working knowledge of liquid / solid separation and flocculation processes and equipment required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org