GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with
software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive
and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services,
technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers
speaking the language of industry.
General Electric(GE) is recruiting to fill the job position in Port Harcourt:
Job Title: Engineer Field Services
Job Number: 2747494
Location: Port Harcourt
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Power Generation Services
- GE Power is one of the world’s leading suppliers of power
generation and energy delivery technologies providing a broad array of
solutions for traditionally fueled plants as well as those driven by
renewable resources such as wind, solar and biogas.
- GE is looking for experienced “other Original Equipment
Manufacturer” (oOEM) Field Engineer / Shift Leader with valuable
experience on oOEM technology: Gas & Steam Turbines or Generators
SIEMENS, WESTINGHOUSE and MITSHUBISHI.
The primary responsibilities of our Field Engineer / Shift Leader oOEM are to:
1.) Center of Excellence (CoE) Project Manager:
- Responsible to build up oOEM Team, working for the Service Leader oOEM MEA.
- Provide technical expertise on oOEM, preparing Field Service
Procedures and Protocols in collaboration with GE Engineering and oOEM
2.) Project Management:
- Provide technical direction and project management for the
maintenance of oOEM Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine and Generator products –
Planning, Preparing & Implementing.
3.) Site Management:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of Specialists and support
employees assigned on shift to meet safety, schedule, budget, and
quality objectives of the project.
- Provide system level interface and field service engineering
expertise to division, customer and product line management and assist
engineering, technical and non-technical personnel at the job sites in
the fulfillment of their roles.
- Review and Sign completed time and expenses as needed.
- Complete job evaluations for each Specialist and each casual employee on the job and communicate to each employee.
- Observe the work area and employee work habits and take all
necessary actions to maintain productivity in a safe, clean, working
- Prepare accurate reports concerning conditions, actions required and results obtained at the systems level.
- Assume responsibility for tool inventory from pre-job
preparation through completion. Recommend procurement of and revisions
to tools and equipment.
4.) Customer Management:
- Actively gathers information on the customer and the customer’s
requirements/targets; Involves the customer in decision-making processes
and provides regular information on project progress; Identifies
Cross-Group business opportunities; Creates additional business
opportunities out of the ongoing project.
5.) Supply Management:
- Involved with qualified subcontractors/partners in a timely manner.
- Selects subcontractors/partners according to defined criteria.
- Selects subcontractors/partners based on strategic viewpoints.
- Identifies further opportunities for business with the partner(s).
- Monitors the performance of the subcontractors/partners,
conducts timely escalation (in the event of qualitative shortfalls and
problems in cooperation) and, where there are any discrepancies,
initiates timely suitable action.
- Relevant experience (minimum 5 years) in oOEM products:
technical & maintenance knowledge Gas Turbine, Generator or Steam
Turbine, including auxiliaries.
- Good command of oral and written English skill.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction site and travel worldwide.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
- Read and understand technical drawings.
- University degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or
Equivalent Experience, i.e. proven Qualification as a Mechanical Lead
Supervisor by oOEM (SIEMENS, Westinghouse, Mitsubishi) with advance
knowledge on MS Office as well as Corporate Applications (SAP, ORACLE,
- Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions. Please submit resume in English
- Valuable skill: Hands-on experience directing and installing
Blades, Vanes, Rotor De-stacking, Generator Winding, Steamer Majors,
- Power plant or field service experience preferred.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Minimum 5 years Field Engineer / Shift Leader experience on oOEM Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines or Generators.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply