12 Oct 2016
Jobs at General Electric for Field Services Engineers
speaking the language of industry.
General Electric(GE) is recruiting to fill the job position in Port Harcourt:
Job Title: Engineer Field Services
Job Number: 2747494
Location: Port Harcourt
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Power Generation Services
- GE Power is one of the world's leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies providing a broad array of solutions for traditionally fueled plants as well as those driven by renewable resources such as wind, solar and biogas.
- GE is looking for experienced “other Original Equipment Manufacturer” (oOEM) Field Engineer / Shift Leader with valuable experience on oOEM technology: Gas & Steam Turbines or Generators SIEMENS, WESTINGHOUSE and MITSHUBISHI.
The primary responsibilities of our Field Engineer / Shift Leader oOEM are to:
1.) Center of Excellence (CoE) Project Manager:
- Responsible to build up oOEM Team, working for the Service Leader oOEM MEA.
- Provide technical expertise on oOEM, preparing Field Service Procedures and Protocols in collaboration with GE Engineering and oOEM Product Line.
- Provide technical direction and project management for the maintenance of oOEM Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine and Generator products - Planning, Preparing & Implementing.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of Specialists and support employees assigned on shift to meet safety, schedule, budget, and quality objectives of the project.
- Provide system level interface and field service engineering expertise to division, customer and product line management and assist engineering, technical and non-technical personnel at the job sites in the fulfillment of their roles.
- Review and Sign completed time and expenses as needed.
- Complete job evaluations for each Specialist and each casual employee on the job and communicate to each employee.
- Observe the work area and employee work habits and take all necessary actions to maintain productivity in a safe, clean, working atmosphere.
- Prepare accurate reports concerning conditions, actions required and results obtained at the systems level.
- Assume responsibility for tool inventory from pre-job preparation through completion. Recommend procurement of and revisions to tools and equipment.
- Actively gathers information on the customer and the customer's requirements/targets; Involves the customer in decision-making processes and provides regular information on project progress; Identifies Cross-Group business opportunities; Creates additional business opportunities out of the ongoing project.
- Involved with qualified subcontractors/partners in a timely manner.
- Selects subcontractors/partners according to defined criteria.
- Selects subcontractors/partners based on strategic viewpoints.
- Identifies further opportunities for business with the partner(s).
- Monitors the performance of the subcontractors/partners, conducts timely escalation (in the event of qualitative shortfalls and problems in cooperation) and, where there are any discrepancies, initiates timely suitable action.
- Relevant experience (minimum 5 years) in oOEM products: technical & maintenance knowledge Gas Turbine, Generator or Steam Turbine, including auxiliaries.
- Good command of oral and written English skill.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction site and travel worldwide.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
- Read and understand technical drawings.
- University degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Experience, i.e. proven Qualification as a Mechanical Lead Supervisor by oOEM (SIEMENS, Westinghouse, Mitsubishi) with advance knowledge on MS Office as well as Corporate Applications (SAP, ORACLE, Salesforce.com, etc.).
- Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions. Please submit resume in English
- Valuable skill: Hands-on experience directing and installing Blades, Vanes, Rotor De-stacking, Generator Winding, Steamer Majors, etc.
- Power plant or field service experience preferred.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Minimum 5 years Field Engineer / Shift Leader experience on oOEM Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines or Generators.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.