Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable
solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world
cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science
and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every
stage of life.
We strive to provide access to safe, effective and
affordable medicines and related health care services to the people
who need them.
Pfizer is recruiting to fill the job position below
Job Title: Medical Representative
Job ID: 1040342
Job type: Full-Time/Regular
- Jobs at this level work with some support from
manager/colleagues/field trainers. They are competent at planning and
organising so as to meet business plan objectives. Some involvement in
project work may be required.
- Promote products to designated customers in order to achieve territory plan objectives.
Product Promotion & Sales:
- Effective selling skills.
- Change in Market Share cf National Average.
- % growth in Market Share cf National Average.
- ‘Special event’ meetings.
- Build relationships with target customers to enhance territory knowledge to gain product endorsement to generate sales.
- Achievement of territory plan objectives.
- Call rate
- Coverage and frequency.
- Market Share cf National Average
- Customer rapport.
- Coverage and frequency.
- Up to date customer records.
- Timely response to customer queries on product / medical information and other activities relating to company and own duties.
- Diagnosis of situation of territory e.g. local politics, PCG’s,
local initiatives leading to subsequent design and implementation of
territory business plan to achieve business objectives.
- Development of key opinion leaders.
- Hospital referral patterns.
- Distributor information and support
- Coordination with distributor reps to ensure timely pick up and supplies of orders from customers.
Business Planning and Management:
- Production of workable business plan with objectives.
- Business plan implemented/updated as necessary.
- Achievement of objectives outlined in plan.
- Demonstration that territory knowledge has been acted on.
- Feedback to Team and Head Office of relevant competitor activity or local issues to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- Competitor knowledge/activities and products, campaigns – key issues identified and fed back.
- Local situations are known e.g. political, formularies, budgets, PCG’s, new developments.
- Parallel trade and fakes report in line with the agreed standards and time lines to the regulatory department.
- Effective communication.
- Sharing of appropriate information.
- Good territory management e.g. sharing/exchanging meetings and appointments.
- Taking on territory team responsibility e.g. minutes at meetings.
- Assistance of new reps to gain quick knowledge of processes and
market dynamics as well as reports during the period of field
- Proactively implement/update personal development plan in order
to develop self further within current role or prepare for any future
- Adverse event monitoring and reports.
- Liaise with territory team members to share information,
motivate and support team members and therefore contribute to the
generation and delivery of the business plan.
- Team rapport.
- Achievement of shared business plan objectives.
- Feedback – team members, trainer, manager (giving & receiving).
- Development of skills, knowledge and competency.
- Receiving and act on feedback from team members, trainer, managers.
- Commit to improvement in It skills through active sharing and
learning from other colleagues and supervisors to enhance timely
responses to feedbacks and completion of online quizzes and training as
required while minimizing inappropriate usage of company laptop and
- Accurate, timely reports.
- Expenses submitted on time.
- Weekly monthly itinerary and clinical meeting plans and preapproval forms.
- Up to date territory records.
- Computer literacy e.g. Power point, Excel, Word, outlook etc.
- Maintain any company equipment in representatives care.
- Good driving skills and adherence to traffic rules to limit
cases of vehicle accidents or incidents and maximize maintenance costs.
- Ensure territory and administrative systems/processes are
maintained and updated to ensure an accurate record of territory is
available at all times.
- Administrative Systems
- State of car.
- Orderly boot stocked with correct items.
- Security – computer/literature not on display in the car.
- Equipment maintained in good working order.
- Condition of returned equipment.
Skills, Knowledge; Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences; preferably Pharmacy or Medicine.
- Promoted product knowledge.
- Basic Information Technology [I T] Knowledge.
- Basic selling skills.
- Knowledge of relevant therapeutic areas.
- Impact and Influence (3) – Takes actions to persuade.
- Honesty and Consistency (3) – Takes actions which are consistent with Values and Beliefs.
- Teamwork and Co-operation (3) – Solicits input from other teams.
- Interpersonal sensitivity (2) – Listens to what people say.
- Flexibility (2) – Changes tasks willingly.
- Drive for results (2) – Takes action to achieve goals or targets.
- Planning and Prioritising (3) – Makes monthly/quarterly plans.
- Initiative (3) – Thinks and acts ahead.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, enter the Job Opening ID (1040342) in the Job ID Box, and click “Search”
Application Deadline 24th October, 2016.