7 Oct 2016
Jobs in Lagos at Janchine Nigeria Limited
at 18:03 Tags: Accounting Jobs , Janchine Nigeria Limited , Lagos Jobs , Managerial Jobs , Receptionist
Manufacturing, and other corporate organizations, by leveraging on our experienced human capital base.
Janchine Nigeria Limited recruiting to fill the job positions in Lagos below:
Job Title: Hotel Administrator or Reception Manager
- The hotel administrator or reception manager is responsible for the reception of guest as well as internal communications of the hotel services.
- They make sure that all staff do everything they can to make a guest's stay pleasant and comfortable, while making sure that the hotel is profitable and efficient.
- Hotel managers coordinate cleaning staff, the front desk operations, grounds and facilities maintenance, and where applicable, make sure the indoor water slide is super-fun.
- Hotel managers create budgets and set room rates, interview, hire and train new staff, resolve employee conflicts, and help guests with any issues they might have.
- bachelor's degree in Business Management, Hospitality Management, or similar.
- Experience needed includes accounting, hotel administration, economics, marketing, housekeeping, food service management, and hotel maintenance and engineering, as well as knowledge of computers and specific hotel-related software.
- A minimum of 3 years experience
- Customer-Service: Hotel managers deal with guests every day. Customer loyalty begins with good service and friendly demeanor.
- Interpersonal Skills: Being calm and direct in a stressful situation and being able to communicate with many different types of people.
- Leadership: Hotel managers need to be able to motivate their employees, resolve issues and complaints from guests.
- Listening: Excellent listening skills are needed, especially with guests. Making sure that guests are happy and that staff is getting what they need to do their job is crucial.
- Management: Working with budgets, planning, creating schedules and supervising operations are all a part of the job.
- Organization: Hotels have a lot of moving parts, from guests to maintenance, to events to budgets and scheduling. Hotel managers need to keep it all organized.
- Problem-Solving: Hotel managers need to be able to think quickly on their feet and make decisions with problems come up.
Job Title: Male Hotel Receptionist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
As a hotel receptionist, your main duties would include:
- Dealing with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face- to-face.
- Completing procedures when guests arrive and leaves.
- Choosing rooms and handing out keys.
- Preparing bills and taking payments.
- Taking and passing on messages to guests.
- Dealing with special requests from guests (like booking theatre tickets or storing valuable items).
- Answering questions about what the hotel offers and the surrounding area.
- Dealing with complaints or problems
- Minimum of 2 years as a Hotel receptionist.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Friendly and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to different guests.
- Patience and tact.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and look after several things at once.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to use computerized technology.
- Methodical approach to your work.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Minimum of OND/HND
Job Title: Male Hotel Accountant
- It's your job to keep track of every financial transaction in the hotel to make sure that all incoming and outgoing money is accurately recorded and handled.
- If there are any discrepancies, you'll have to investigate and correct them, or report the reason why they happened, such as mistake or fraud.
- You'll also be handling wage and salary calculations and payments, too.
- You'll be based at the hotel, unless you work for a large hotel group, in which case you might be based at head office with responsibility for a specific property.
- Controlling the payroll
- Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods
- Preparing profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management
- Assisting in preparing budgets and business planning, including projected room revenue
- Reconciling bank statements
- Ensuring legislation is followed.
- Chasing late payments, reporting bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow
- Minimum of a HND/B.Sc in any related field from any accredited institutions.
- Accountancy skills, ideally honed in a hospitality environment
- IT knowledge, as transactions are usually done through computerised systems, electronic cash tills and so on
- Data processing skills, including spreadsheet packages
- Analytical and communication skills
- Unmatched attention to detail as you’ll be preparing detailed financial information for senior management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 21st October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.