19 Oct 2016
Legal Manager Job Vacancy at Capricorn Digital Limited
We focus on products and services that can be digitized and works with merchants to create the most efficient and effective means of distributing those products and services, thereby reducing time to market and driving sales.
Capricorn Digital Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal Manager
- The legal manager serves as a support in the execution of legal activities in the Company
- Negotiate, write and execute agreements and contracts
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with all of its third party obligations as stated in the legal agreements it has entered into
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal department.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Review on-going cases and advice management accordingly.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Review and regularly update the legal departmental processes.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions.
- Ensure the Company’s agreements, its actions and operations are in compliance with the rules, guidelines and regulations of relevant regulatory bodies
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Manage various projects and deadlines
- Ensure legal objectives are met
- Provide training to company and its affiliates on substantive legal topics.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- A First Degree in Law i.e. (LLB) and Bachelor of Law (BL)
- Relevant post graduate qualifications may be an added advantage, but are not a requirement.
- Must be a Legal Practitioner, or a Law graduate that has been called to bar, with 5-8 years’ post call experience
- Must be proficient in commercial law, understand the e-payment industry and should be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Must possess a deep understanding of corporate law transactions and other legal matters.
- Must be goal oriented and self-motivated
- PC proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word and Google application is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letters to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.