25 Oct 2016
Managerial Job Position in a leading Media Telecommunications Group of Companies
Stresert Services Limited is recruiting on behalf of the Telecommunications company to fill the job position below:
Job Title: General Manager: Nigeria Free to Air TV
Involved in all aspects of setting up the FTA business such as, but not limited to; execute all necessary Power of Attorneys, obtain all relevant approvals and certificates from IRS, VAT, investment promotion centre and other relevant institutions, setting up banking relationship, getting the office operational, hire all staff in accordance with business plan, ensure the smooth importation and commissioning of all relevant broadcast and non-broadcast technical equipment, execute all relevant deals needed pre-launch such as research, marketing, maintenance etc.
- The GM is responsible for the oversight and development of the FTA channel
- The GM leads efforts to provide high quality and financially viable television programming
- Manages operations for the FTA channel including but not limited to budgeting, physical and financial assets management, and resources planning
- Responsible for optimizing the relationship between the Company and all other departments within the central group
- To assign tasks to his/her subordinates according to their qualifications and skills, job description, labour contract and production necessity of the Company by formulating clear criteria for the performance of such tasks and overseeing their proper execution;
- To require from the employees in the department timely, precise, assiduous and efficient performance of their job duties
- To make the employees a regular objective evaluation of their job performance;
- To oversee his/her subordinates for keeping the working hours, labour and technology discipline, the rules on safe and healthy labour, fire safety rules, environmental and hygiene requirements, access and security regime, preservation of the property in their custody, as well as implementation of the acts and instructions of the above Company manager
- Ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory regimes
- The GM leads in the development of strategic plans for the channel; executes plans, implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational and departmental goals and objectives consistent with the mission of the station
- Work with the programming team to create high quality television programming that attracts and increases viewership, and sustain a self-sufficient operation to ensure the station financial viability and growth
- Oversees the acquisition, implementation, maintenance and replacement of technology infrastructure
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new technologies
- Lead and inspire all staff. HR responsibility together with CFO
- Provide guidelines and very close support to sales team
- Work closely with CFO to manage cost control and risk mitigation
- Responsible for flow of reporting to head office
- Preparing various analyses and presentations for the needs of Executive Management
- Attend various meetings / conferences in Africa and beyond
- Be the Company´s spokesperson in various industry bodies and in the press
$80, 000 and above
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘GM-Free2Air’ as subject of mail.
Note: Candidates who have similar responsibilities listed above will be contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline 15th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.