9 Oct 2016
Managing Director Vacancy in a Microfinance Bank
Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
Resource Intermediaries Limited is recruiting to fill the job position below:
JOB TITLE : Managing Director (MFB)
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Description :
As a member of the Management and Board, you share responsibility for the overall performance and activities of the MFB, and participate in making decisions on management issues.
- Collaborate with Board members and Management team to successfully implement a five-year growth plan for savings, loans and other financial services.
- Ensure the provision of effective systems, structures and resources to support the growth of the institution, including a team of well-trained, focused and motivated staff.
- Continuously expand knowledge of the organisation's market and improve the sales methodology, product offerings, delivery channels and banking procedures.
- Ensure that all business and financial projections supports the MFB in pursuing its mission with a minimum of risk and a maximum of efficiency.
- A minimum of first degree or its equivalent in any discipline (additional qualification or degree in any finance or business related discipline may be an advantage)
- Minimum of eight (8) years post-qualification experience out of which, at least, five (5) must be in the financial services industry and at least, three (3) at the senior management level.
- Evidence that the candidate possesses proven skills and competences in practical microfinance banking and has undergone the Microfinance Certification Programme and obtained a Certificate in Microfinance Banking issued by the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
- At least 2 years of international experience desirable, relevant exposure working in the region will be an asset;
- Start-up or expansion experience in the financial sector (microfinance or banking) highly desirable, demonstrated business acumen in a highly dynamic environment essential;
- Proven experience preferably within banking or microfinance environment in at least four of the following areas, banking operations, lending and credit administration, savings mobilisation, marketing/ business development, development of financial products, internal controls, risk management, financial management & administration, financial analysis, planning and budgeting, corporate governance, development of organisational structures & systems, personnel management (preferably with 5 or more direct reports), and staff development,
- Strong computer literacy, particularly in MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel,Visio, PowerPoint) and loan application softwares, experienced with Core Banking Systems and good understanding of Banking issues .
- Fluency in English is required.
- Strong, fit to the MFB's desired corporate culture & committed to furthering the MFB's mission and vision;
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, create effective systems and meet tangible business goals from an unstructured, dynamic and empowering environment;
- High level of self-discipline and determination;
- Proven integrity;
- Result-oriented, with the proven ability to implement short -and long-term goals;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, networking and collaboration/negotiation skills;
- Ability to create sound business development plans in line with strategic objectives of the organisation and to oversee execution of an institutional strategy through concrete deliverables and time lines;
- Proven ability to recruit, train, mentor effective and motivated staff members and teams;
- Thorough understanding of operational risk of a financial institution;
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationship within diverse organisational structure in order to facilitate feedback and enhance implementation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 2016-11-06 00:00:00
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.