Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in
Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries
and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its
heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C.,
in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or
franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been
consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business
ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty
program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which
together surpass 49M members.
Marriott International is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Housekeeping Desk Coordinator
Job Number: 16001HOY
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Housekeeping
Job type: Full-time
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every
cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when
given an explanation.
- Today, you bring your personal style to every experience.
- You live life to discover.
- You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide.
- If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people.
- Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours.
- That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Use checklists to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each
assigned area meets designated standards. Identify and report
preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Request preventative maintenance or non-urgent repairs using appropriate method.
- Contact other departments directly for urgent repairs.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and
professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information;
protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to
company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist
individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others;
support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to
the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Clean, maintain, and store cleaning equipment.
- Document and report outstanding issues.
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests, Front Desk, or At Your Service requests.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating,
counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve
as a role model.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents,
or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply