Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in
Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries
and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its
heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C.,
in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or
franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been
consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business
ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty
program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which
together surpass 49M members.
Marriott International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer
Job ID: 16001JZ6
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Engineering and Facilities Maintenance
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every
cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when
given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every
- You live life to discover. You are passionate about your
neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a
travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way
with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a
place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s
why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like
- Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
- Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
- Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors.
- Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical
training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and
Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years
experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional
area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
Core Work Activities
Supporting management of Property Operations:
- Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment,
refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with
employees in order to create awareness of business objectives,
communicate expectations and recognize performance.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting,
repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and
- Selects and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering and related departments.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
- Supervises Engineering and related areas in absence of the Director of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards:
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
- Provides emergency response services 24/7.
- Repairs equipment (e.g., refrigeration, laundry) as necessary.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Helps train employees in safety procedures.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to
receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed
according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs)
and support the Peer Review Process.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply