Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is a whole new company
reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy
by sharing the world’s favorite brands.
Mondelez International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Manager
Job Number: 1615680
- Tax Manager reports globally and is responsible for direct tax matters in Nigeria, Ghana & Kenya.
- The Responsibilities include managing all direct tax compliance
requirements, supporting tax audits and advising on complex business and
tax technical matters.
- Issues involve tax, legal, financial, organizational and other
areas requiring extensive knowledge of the relevant countries, teamwork
and the ability to undertake prompt tax research and comprehensive
- Collaborate with Finance colleagues to support accounting for
income taxes, including effective tax rate forecasts, current and
deferred tax provisions and uncertain tax positions.
- Manage the external third-party service provider.
- Provide leadership and support to the Region’s foreign
affiliates as they respond to tax audits and prepare for tax litigation
with respect to tax positions established on income tax returns in
foreign jurisdictions, as is necessary to minimize the Corporation’s
overall tax burden.
- Assist in communicating audits, appeals and litigation
resolutions and in recommending changes to the appropriate levels of
reserves for current and potential tax issues.
- Maintain a personal Training Development Plan to ensure continuous improvement of professional skills.
- Filling of transfer pricing documentations – description of all
relevant intercompany transactions, functional and risk analysis, arm’s
- Applications for, and maintenance of, investment grants and tax
incentives. This includes consultancy for all management levels on how
to optimize claims for subsidies and how to deal with conditions which
are set by (tax) authorities.
- Consulting and assistance of other departments covering all company direct tax issues.
- Collaborate with the foreign affiliates’ financial personnel and
outside counsel to identify opportunities to reduce the affiliates’
effective tax rate and otherwise reduce the current tax payments of
- Review the tax basis earnings and profits (the foreign
affiliates’ financial statements stated in U.S. tax accounting
principles) and identify opportunities to repatriate high-taxed
earnings, thereby reducing the Corporation’s overall tax on repatriated
earnings, and provide implementation assistance by working with local
finance and legal personnel.
- Communicate within and across the international tax
organizations. Communicate fully in a timely, informative and accurate
manner with superiors and others who have a need to know. Maintain
excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Provide exceptional
customer service throughout the Corporation.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner and maintain safety in the general work environment.
- Project Management.
- Qualification as certified tax advisor or certified accountant
- Superior negotiating skills towards tax authorities and within the own organization
- Ability to work successfully with multiple stakeholders, of different seniority and from different business functions
- Min 6 years of tax experience in public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/ or MNC
- Experience of work in FIRS preferred
- Excellent track record in project management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply