MoneyGram is a financial connection for friends and family. Each
employee plays a part in helping the world transfer nearly $600 billion
each year for everything from life’s essentials, to emergency needs and
Our multicultural company operates in more than 200
countries and territories throughout the globe and provides challenging
and rewarding opportunities for all employees. At MoneyGram, we
encourage and embolden the entire team to use innovation to enhance our
culture, company, products and the communities where we live and work.
Connect with us via social media and learn more about MoneyGram, our
Foundation and our customers.
At MoneyGram, we act with integrity, treat each other with respect
and are committed to our company growth as well as to enabling personal
and professional growth. These values are the underpinning of our
company culture and the essence of who we are as a collective
organization of individuals.
Job Title: Regional Compliance Officer
Work Location: Plot 1679, Karimu Kotun Street 3rd Floor, Lagos
Travel Details: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job: Regional Compliance
Regional Compliance Officer is responsible for working directly with
MoneyGram agents within assigned territory. The incumbent is a primary
compliance resource with responsibilities of: measuring Agents’
Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs; driving training and awareness
initiatives; and providing guidance and support to Agents. The incumbent
will also be responsible for driving Agents to implement or enhance
compliance and anti-fraud policies and procedures and assist in the
development of Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, as required. The
Regional Compliance Officer will partner and liaison with business unit
representatives to ensure that Agent policies and controls are
practical, efficient and workable; captures MoneyGram policies and
expectations, as well as regulatory requirements. The incumbent will be
tasked with proposing corrective action measures to mitigate any risks
identified throughout the execution of tasks.
- Executes on established MoneyGram Compliance and Anti-Fraud
programs, principles, standards, policy, and oversight expectations
within assigned territory.
- Implements policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Provides guidance and support to the Regional business through participation in new product/service or channel projects.
- Provides support for Agent due diligence activities.
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to Agents within the region.
- Actively participates in management discussions on risk and
participates in governance and risk committee meetings as appropriate.
- Provides content messaging for new policies as rolled out.
- Ensures training materials are in-line with policy expectations.
- Provides Agent and employee training.
- Ensures program is maintained and relevant.
- Consults with internal and external experts to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyzes internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risk.
- Communicates policy goals for area of expertise, ensuring application across the enterprise.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with Stakeholders.
- Ensures policy objectives are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related
professional designations/certifications in this field is highly
- Minimum Required: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of educational and work experience
- 3-5 years’ work experience within the financial services industry.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA
Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred
outside of US; required US).
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and Agents.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the MoneyGram’s business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence
and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints.
- Additional language skills (as appropriate to the region).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply