NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how
the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s
assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support
services address the needs of retail, financial, travel,
hospitality, gaming, public sector,
telecom carrier and equipment
organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR is headquartered in
Duluth, Georgia, USA.
NCR Corporation is recruiting to fill the job position of:
Job Title: Customer Engineer
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Position responsible for installation, maintenance and repairs
on equipment within an assigned territory/region to assure continuity
of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Customer Engineer responds to all customer concerns or problems
by resolving them or by escalating them to the proper associate, team
member, territory manager, or the Control Tower.
- Build working relationships with customers and develop informal
communication channels with customer account at the local level;
Represents NCR in a manner that reflects positively on the image and
reputation of the company.
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance on assigned products;
Diagnoses problems, makes minor repairs, and replaces components (at
the module level); Follows appropriate security procedures when
working with ATM’s and or within financial institution.
- May be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis or may establish his/her own daily schedule on the basis of automated reports.
- May require prolonged travel, carrying and lifting tool
kit/parts of varying weights (1- 50 lbs.); May require
bending/squatting, walking/standing /sitting for prolonged periods; May
be required to work on rotating shifts.
- Ensure staff productivity measures are achieved; Work together
with Call Center Staff via PDA to recover machines; Work together with
Security Escort Officer.
- Responsible for ownership of customer problems or incidents
until the situation has been resolved to the customers satisfaction and
or in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements.
- Required to perform work on products and services of low
complexity, specifically financial/ATM products; Make minor repairs and
replace components on Tier I equipment such as PCs, workstations and
peripherals, printers, front-end POS systems, First Line Maintenance
on ATMs and kiosks, and single pocket proof encoders.
- Responsible for assisting in site preparation, including
installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of
equipment; May also perform required modular swaps and unit
- Retail EPOS maintenance or install experience is required;
Strong desktop hardware experience may be considered if EPOS experience
- Responsible for all NCR assets that will be used in the delivery
of customer services (i.e. tools, software, vehicles, documentation,
and intellectual property), or as assigned by management; Maintain
an appropriate parts inventory as well as parts record keeping.
- Responsible for accurate and prompt reporting of calls and
activity, as well as other reporting as required; Responsible for
tracking and reporting all expenses incurred in the delivery of
services, including telephone, private automobile, and/or public
- Responsible for capturing detailed customer asset information
and other data required to complete any invoicing or billing
- High School Diploma or equivalent 0-1 years of related experience;
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality work
Excellent interpersonal skills/customer relationship skills required
High level of mechanical/electrical aptitude;
- Experience on maintaining computer hardware (Desktops, Servers,
peripherals), routers, networks, switches, hubs required High level
of personal integrity;
- Support and promote teamwork and cooperative effort Must have
the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
overtime, flex shifts, and on-call.
- Experience on Windows XP, Windows 2000 operating systems
required Experience in PC Hardware Maintenance and support A+
Certification ITE or Polytechnic in Electronics and Communications
Engineering Works well with minimal supervision;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience in NCR or similar equipment is a plus
- CCNA preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply