26 Oct 2016
NCR Corporation recruitment for Entry Level Customer Engineers
telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, USA.
NCR Corporation is recruiting to fill the job position of:
Job Title: Customer Engineer
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Position responsible for installation, maintenance and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory/region to assure continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Customer Engineer responds to all customer concerns or problems by resolving them or by escalating them to the proper associate, team member, territory manager, or the Control Tower.
- Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with customer account at the local level; Represents NCR in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company.
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance on assigned products; Diagnoses problems, makes minor repairs, and replaces components (at the module level); Follows appropriate security procedures when working with ATM's and or within financial institution.
- May be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis or may establish his/her own daily schedule on the basis of automated reports.
- May require prolonged travel, carrying and lifting tool kit/parts of varying weights (1- 50 lbs.); May require bending/squatting, walking/standing /sitting for prolonged periods; May be required to work on rotating shifts.
- Ensure staff productivity measures are achieved; Work together with Call Center Staff via PDA to recover machines; Work together with Security Escort Officer.
- Responsible for ownership of customer problems or incidents until the situation has been resolved to the customers satisfaction and or in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements.
- Required to perform work on products and services of low complexity, specifically financial/ATM products; Make minor repairs and replace components on Tier I equipment such as PCs, workstations and peripherals, printers, front-end POS systems, First Line Maintenance on ATMs and kiosks, and single pocket proof encoders.
- Responsible for assisting in site preparation, including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment; May also perform required modular swaps and unit replacements.
- Retail EPOS maintenance or install experience is required; Strong desktop hardware experience may be considered if EPOS experience is limited.
- Responsible for all NCR assets that will be used in the delivery of customer services (i.e. tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property), or as assigned by management; Maintain an appropriate parts inventory as well as parts record keeping.
- Responsible for accurate and prompt reporting of calls and activity, as well as other reporting as required; Responsible for tracking and reporting all expenses incurred in the delivery of services, including telephone, private automobile, and/or public transportation.
- Responsible for capturing detailed customer asset information and other data required to complete any invoicing or billing activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent 0-1 years of related experience;
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality work Excellent interpersonal skills/customer relationship skills required High level of mechanical/electrical aptitude;
- Experience on maintaining computer hardware (Desktops, Servers, peripherals), routers, networks, switches, hubs required High level of personal integrity;
- Support and promote teamwork and cooperative effort Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and on-call.
- Experience on Windows XP, Windows 2000 operating systems required Experience in PC Hardware Maintenance and support A+ Certification ITE or Polytechnic in Electronics and Communications Engineering Works well with minimal supervision;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Previous experience in NCR or similar equipment is a plus
- CCNA preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.