Everyone knows Coca-Cola. It’s the best-known product in the world.
We’ve been making it since 1886 and it still tastes the same.
business, The Coca-Cola Company is constantly evolving – we develop new
products, acquire great brands and pioneer new ways of doing things. We
sell four of the world’s top five non-alcoholic sparkling drinks (Coke,
Coke light, Sprite and Fanta) and 3,600+ products in over 200 countries,
including water, juices, energy drinks, and even tea and coffee.
Altogether, that adds up to more than 1.9 billion drinks around the
globe every day.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA),
we are located in 60 countries and organized as six business units:
Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); Western Europe (WEBU); Turkey,
Caucasus and Central Asia (TCCA); Middle East and North Africa (MENA);
West Africa (WABU); and South and East Africa (SEABU). These six strong
business units allow us to operate at scale while ensuring flawless
delivery through local market operations working closely with our
bottling partners who manufacture, package and distribute our soft
We offer our associates:
• The Coca-Cola Company’s extraordinary heritage, our leading brands and the global scale of what we do.
The challenge of meaningful work – our unique global system offers
constant opportunities to develop world-class skills and a truly
• A unique culture where people do what they love and live their values.
• The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from a world leader.
The Coca-Cola Company, our people have their own formula for turning
passion into action. Together, that’s how we push the world’s greatest
brands to new heights. What’s your secret formula?
JOB TITLE: BU Finance Customer & Marketing Insights Manager
JOB ID 36835
JOB TYPE Full Time
TRAVEL REQUIRED 25%
RELOCATION PROVIDED No
Constructs portfolio view of market opportunities regarding Marketing & Customer Investments and Productivity.
Drives thought leadership & builds collaborative business
partnership with Business Unit Customer & Marketing Leadership,
BU/Region Leadership Team and facilitates strategic decisions and
tradeoffs across the System to assess Marketing & Customer
investment opportunities & productivity initiatives through
consumer, competitive and economic landscape
Serves as a consultant
and subject matter expert to the Finance organization and Marketing
& Customer Function by constructing portfolio view of market
opportunities regarding Marketing & Customer Investments and
Provides a complete view of the value creation across the system
through focus on Marketing & Customer investments and productivity.
• Assesses customer investments, deals, identifies value creation
opportunities for existing and potential customers, recommends programs
and defines actions
• Supports customer leadership in management of BU wide strategic accounts, acquisition and negotiations
• Reviews and assesses customer related contract commitments, Terms and
Conditions of new customer agreements, understands implications and
trade-offs and provides recommendations
• Understands the impact of
long-term shifts between channels, implications of investments and
ensures contingencies in place to address threats and acceleration to
• Assesses Retailer Out-of-Stock analysis and
recommendations in cooperation with the Customer & Commercial
• Reviews, assesses Customer Pricing Analysis provided by analysts and submit to HQ
• Understands external environment, key competitors, volume/value pool
share, and reviews marketing research, beverage trends to identify
marketing investment and M&A opportunities through the consumer,
competitive and economic landscape and provide recommendations. Supports
M&A opportunity mapping process within BU
• Analyzes Marketing Productivity performance/trends and provide recommendations for productivity opportunities.
• Reviews and assesses promotion analysis provided by analysts ; identifies opportunities and provides recommendations
2. Manages collaborative partnerships with BU/Region Stakeholders
• Manages discussions to facilitate strategic decisions and tradeoffs
across the system to assess Customer & Marketing investment and
productivity opportunities by partnering with BU/Region customer
• Supports BU/Region customer function in customer negotiations regarding various initiatives.
• Identifies and leverages Customer & Marketing strategies for
multi- Region investments by partnering with BU/Region Marketing
3. Customizes Group System Financial Guidelines and ensures guidelines
are applied within the Business Unit in all Regions and ensures Process
Improvement and Standardization
• Customizes guidelines such as Investment KPIs, DMI Marketing Investment resource allocation, etc..
• Acts as Process Owner for Finance Customer & Marketing Insights
area and ensures standard processes are used and maintained within the
4. Team Development
• Manages feedback mechanisms for
customer and marketing insights delivery performance, monitors
stakeholder satisfaction as well as on-going action plans for
• Builds diverse, inclusive teams and engages all members
• Develops the next generation of leaders; coach, develop, mentor
• Initiates strategies to engage and retain key talent
• Seeks and act on feedback from others; continuously develops through learning and sharing with others
• Builds capabilities through developing people, processes and culture
• Motivates the teams to achieve individual and team objectives
• BU Finance Director – Functional Manager (advisory/problem solving, brain storming)
• BU MI & CI Analysts (managing, leading, coaching)
• RFM (service requests, issue management)
• BU Marketing and Customer Insights Analysts (advisory, problems solving, issue management)
• Associates within the Region Finance function (leadership, guidance, coaching)
• Business Unit Marketing & Customer Director (partner, support)
• Interaction with Group Marketing and Customer & Commercial (partner, support)
Bottler Senior Management (Gain commitment to and execution of plans;
pricing protocol; new launches, DME investment and funding; information
sharing; accounts reconciliations)
• Customers Senior Management
(Gain commitment to and execution of plans; pricing protocol; new
launches, DME investment and funding; information sharing; accounts
position will require extremely sophisticated and contemporary
information management and superior analytic skills and expertise. The
individual must also possess exceptional project management,
collaboration, organization, and managerial skills/capabilities; with
the ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
Since this is a new area, the job will need to develop new approaches to solve issues.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
Makes specific decisions on creating the structure for business cases,
assigns resources in the system and establishes processes and routines.
• Stewards the financial direction of the company by making
recommendations to Business Unit Leaders (finance, marketing, customer
functions) on resource allocation, system economics and franchise
discussions that may significantly influence the landscape of the
• Leads and implements significant change
influences and negotiates goals & objectives, budgets, operational
objectives, resource allocation at the department/Business Unit multiple
• Drives a team-oriented culture that is committed to individual professional growth and growing Organizational Talent
• Takes a lead in adopting best practices and striving for continuous improvement
• Plans and manages the changing market dynamics and incorporates in the business planning / strategy process.
• Uses input from internal and external sources to promote leading edge solutions for adding value to the business.
• Tests multiple scenarios against strategies to ensure maximum results
• Provides strategic input to the leadership team and bottling partners
on new product development and launches to ensure system profitability
• Directs and encourages the environment to look to multiple sources to identify and reinforce leading practices.
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES / SKILLS:
• Strategic thinking
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Analytical skills
• Financial knowledge
• Optimizing strategic relationships and networks
• Attention to detail
• Communicating effectively
• Consumer focus
• Judgments in decision making
• Thinking systemically
• Building value based relationships
The ability to apply forecasting techniques and skills to develop and
evaluate business goals and strategies, analyzing information to derive
insights to financial results regarding strategic accounts and key
• The ability to collaborate with cross-functional peers
to define optimization and required analysis and deliverables needed
from them and ensure commitment on their calendar.
• Provides excellent support to partners based on a deep understanding of their strategies and associated system implications.
• Demonstrates adaptability in analyzing new ideas and making recommendations
Minimum 20% travel is required through BU locations
a team of Customer Insights and Marketing Insights analysts providing
services based on agreed deliverables between the BU and the Regions.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging
and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor
of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a
day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is
known and respected throughout the world.
Relocation costs are not provided for this job. By applying for
this job, candidates understand and acknowledge that the Company will
not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be
entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: Oct 27, 2016