3 Oct 2016
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited Job Vacancy for a Commercial Manager
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Job Reference: CM/10/2016
- The Commercial Manager reports to the Region Sales Director.The desired candidate will lead the commercial team in assigned territory in developing and managing sales strategies in order to achieve their business targets and establishing the business as a leader in the Market. Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Provision of necessary tools and conducive environment for direct reports for effective and efficient job performance.
- Supervises the preparation and management of budgets of assigned territories to ensure that all resources are used in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Supervises management of customers' credit accounts per the company's procedures.
- Ensures company's assets are effectively planned, allocated and used.
- Ensures Establishment and implementation of correct sales & delivery system to meet customer service expectations and cost performance.
- Manages performances & development of reports (Area Sales Managers and Distributor Development managers).
- Identifies talents and ensuresies talents and ensures their development through plans in place as well as being implemented.
- Establishes a working environment with clear roles and accountability for all.
- Builds strong working relationships with other functions to ensure deployment of win-win solutions.
- Provides a high level of customer relations and service.
- Continually improves processes and exploits growth opportunities that will bring better results and lower cost.
- Learns and implements best practices from other CC Hellenic countries and shares own best practices within CC Hellenic.
- Develops and ensures implementation of Promotional programs
- Desired candidate should be willing to work in any of NBC’s commercial territories across the country.
- Develops and implements comprehensive plans to ensure market share and category growth.
- Ensures market execution according to the Company standards in assigned Commercial Territory.
- Implements agreed Commercial strategy.
- Ensures that country plans are built to achieve set performance targets in assigned Commercial Territory.
- Complies with Data Protection policy, and Audit requirements.
- Contributes to long-terms plans for the country as well as for the assigned Commercial Territory's development.
- Ensures BP commitments onvenue, cost (OPEX) and headcount are delivered to support long term sustainability.
- Transfers knowledge and expertise to others within the organization.
- Ensures succession planning is in place for all levels in commercial team in assigned Commercial Territory.
- Sets personal example for development through continuous learning and openness to feedback.
- Fnctional strategy communicated, understood and accepted by reports.
- Lives corporate values and Code of Business Conduct.
- Addresses poor performance quickly and reward exceptional performance.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- University Degree ideally Business related (i.e Sales, Marketing, etc); good command of English will be considered as additional asset
- Listens actively and challenges processes and structures;
- Open to ideas and improvements submitted by customers and others.
- Minimum 6 years of proven operational track record in Sales/ Commercial
- Minimum 4 years of managerial experience, preferably in a large manufacturing companies - Personal Attributes: Customer-Centric oriented;
- Ability to manage through several layers
- Ability to make and communicate hard decisions and courage to stay the course
- Deep business understanding.
- Ability to read and interpret market data and competitive response
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins
- Business planning
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Effective Presentations Skills
- Emotional maturity, integrity
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Good project management skills
- Ability to think in terms of profitability and sustainability rather than functional capability
- Contingency planning
- Ability to think tactically and strategically
- Ability to set standards for management/ business performance
- Sound Sales/ Commercial related operational knowledge, complete value-chain/ system knowledge including TCCC - MS Word/ Excel/ Power Point user
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only candidates who meet the advertised criteria will be shortlisted an contacted
Application Deadline 12th October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.