The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies
in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole
franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and
distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to
marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Plant Manager
Job Reference: PM/10/2016
The Plant Manager reports to the Regional Manufacturing Director and
fulfills the production plans for the Company’s products to the highest
quality standards at optimal cost. Other key responsibilities of the
- Develops plans for infrastructure, capacity and resources needed to fulfill the demands of product.
- Drives continuous improvement of processes, productivity and efficiency in the plant.
- Prepares, presents and interprets Manufacturing KBI’s, makes
recommendations which result in increased productivity and efficiency;
reduces cost and improves customer satisfaction while following
- Ensures the achievement of the targets for the organization by optimal usage of labor, materials and capital investments
- Ensures that his/her team completes projects within the deadlines to provide the planned capacity to meet the sales demand
- Analyses cost center variances and investigates ways to improve cost performance
- Effectively applies business performance review (EATB) management routine
- Ensures budget delivery
- Understands and controls main cost drivers in Manufacturing
- Leads processes, systems and people side of all change initiatives in the plant
- Sets stretching but achievable objectives for all people in the unit
- Addresses poor performers quickly at all levels
- Engagement plan implementation leads to constant Engagement index improvement
- Lives and promotes company values and culture, and helps employees to understand and embrace them
- Regularly updates team members on company processes, changes and initiatives
- Performance management systems are implemented with discipline
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with team, internal customers, peers, institutions, suppliers
- Builds productive relationships with the employee/ union representatives
- Builds and re-reinforces relationships with Planning, Warehouse,
Quality and Engineering units, including boundary management routines
and relationship building activities with other units in the plant
- Promotes process automation and use of technology across the whole organization
- Ensures health and safety of all employees in the plant
- Ensures property and loss prevention
- Builds team’s capabilities through implementation of training and development programs
- Develops unit capabilities to achieve maximum utilization of technology and equipment.
- Effectively applies approved selection and development tools for recruitment and development of managers
- Provides feedback to team members for better performance and develops successors
- Coaches his/her direct reports on leadership matters
- Manufacturing strategy is communicated, understood and accepted by all unit members
- As a result of effective performance management programs, all first-line managers deliver full performance
- Ensures CC Hellenic Environment Policy is strictly followed and
environmental culture and mindset is speared across the unit, including
setting of clear and stretchy environmental targets to reduce use of
resources and energy
- Plays a leading role in implementing communication and actions
which put the Quality First (product, behavior, communication, etc.)
- Ensures effective systems are in place to guarantee CC
Hellenic/TCCC products and package quality Candidates must be willing to
work in any of our twelve plants across the country.
- Builds relationship with professional associations, specialized universities
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with the relevant government bodies
- Drives innovation by sourcing people for innovation projects
- Establishes, monitors and reinforces control across the whole
plant related to Production, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and H&S
- Ensures adherence to Food and Beverage Legislation, TCCC
Standards, ISO certification, Good Manufacturing Practices and other
internal and external regulatory compliance
- Adapts local and corporate practices and procedures and supervises their implementation and administration in the plant
- Develops business plans providing productivity improvement and stretchy targets for cost efficiency
- Actively participates and ensures the implementation of various infrastructure or process optimization projects in the plant.
- Is fully aware and implements IMCR management routines and procedures
- Ensures optimal spare parts inventory management
- Implements and provides disciplined monitoring and reporting
regarding the implementation of labor legislation, certification
standards, CC Hellenic/TCCC CSR Practices and international agreements
- Ensures continuous process improvement exploring Group and industry benchmark and employees input
- Listens to and encourages employee recommendations and implements the ones ] delivering value
- Learns and implements best practices from outside and shares own best practices within CC Hellenic
Desired Candidate Profile
- University degree relevant to Manufacturing (Engineering, Food & Beverage Processing related) .
- 10 years working experience in the field of production management.
- 3-5 years people management responsibilities, In depth knowledge
of a bottling organization: Planning, Manufacturing, Quality,
Environment, Engineering, Health & Safety
- Ability to lead and manage change.
- Ability to set standards for management performance.
- High integrity . Articulate communicator and effective listener .
- Ability to adapt leadership style appropriately .
- Ability to build relationships to improve results .
- Ability to understand what drives peers in other functions.
- Knowledge of the contributions of all functions.
- Open minded and willing to experiment and try new things
- Ability to make and communicate hard decisions and courage to stay the course.
- Understanding of financial impact of decisions .
- Ability to think tactically and strategically .
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins .
- Ability to select and assess first-line managers .
- Coaching direct reports and mentoring others .
- Ability to empower managers .
- Ability to translate function strategy into unit/section’s plan.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 26th October, 2016.