North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development
Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals
for the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Grants Officer is responsible for supporting a distinct portfolio of program activities.
- This includes developing grant ideas in collaboration with
Program Development Office, supporting and monitoring grant
implementation, closing grants and maintaining all required electronic
and paper files.
- S/he will closely coordinate with Program Development Officers
to ensure that projects are developed and implemented in a manner that
advances project goals and current strategy objectives. This position
will be based in Yobe.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Grants Officer reports technically and administratively to the Grants Manager in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all aspects of assigned grant portfolio throughout all stages of project development, implementation and closure.
- Manage associated timelines and donor reporting requirements for individual grant activities.
- Maintain internal trackers, such as the grant status and closing trackers.
- Engage in overall political analysis, impact assessment, and participate in strategy development to advance the project goals.
- Review and contribute to the Final Evaluation Reports and prepare project documents for closing.
- Coordinate with staff in all departments to complete assigned
tasks; engage in regular coordination with Program, Procurement and
Finance units to quickly resolve implementation issues.
- Travel to project sites for follow up/support on activity implementation, as needed.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- Prepare project proposals in grant database incorporating
project objectives, activities, deliverables, monitoring and evaluation
plan, media plan, budget and timeline.
- Ensure compliance with donor and organizational policies,
procedures and regulations, throughout activity implementation. Ensure
thorough, audit-compliant documentation.
- Monitor project progress against the approved project
implementation timeline; identify delays and work closely with Program
Development Office to ensure projects stay on track.
- Monitor grant portfolio pipeline of financial commitments and disbursements.
- Serve as a key point of contact for information on related
project issues, coordination with partner organizations and
sociopolitical and development trends.
- Develop project ideas in coordination with Program Development Office.
- Manage strategy objectives/action plan for assigned grant portfolio per the approved work plan.
- Draft project ideas with estimated budgets and present them in internal Grant Review Committee meetings.
- Track overall project development and identify trends to document ‘success stories’ and ‘lessons learned’.
- University degree in Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management or a related field is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
- Five years’ experience in grants management is required.
- Prior experience with internationally-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and negotiating budgets,
reviewing financial reports, preparing for and monitoring audits of
grantees, and file management.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date above:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 8th November, 2016.