The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian
organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer
and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers
the shelter, emergency food security, and water,
sanitation and hygiene sectors.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected
populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno
State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food
security, water and sanitation and shelter/NFI sectors. NRC is therefore
seeking an ICT Officer in Abuja, Nigeria. The ICT Officer reports to
the Logistics Manager.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to
respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC
currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office
in Abuja. Borno State is host to the largest number of IDPs with the
biggest concentration in Maiduguri City. NRC is providing services
across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water,
Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information,
Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting for an experienced and dedicated candidate to establish the emergency functions in our programme in Nigeria:
Job Title: Emergency Project Manager
Job ID: #1716886
- The Emergency Project Manager reports to the Area Manager in Maiduguri
- Coordinate the emergency aid delivery with other humanitarian actors working in the State or at the national level
- Ensure proper documentation of emergency response activities, including post-distribution monitoring.
- In collaboration with HoP, AM and PDMs startup emergency department for NRC Nigeria
- In collaboration with AM, identify and train Emergency Focal Points in NRCs field offices
- Facilitate emergency assessments, in close collaboration with PDMs and NRCs Access and Security Department
- In collaboration with HoP and PDMs contribute to project
proposals budgets and reports to relevant donors in accordance with
deadlines and guidelines given by HoP and the applicable donor
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical expertise on emergency interventions
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Solid field experience, preferably from refugee/IDP emergency response
- Proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in cash and voucher-based programming
- Experience with Emergency start up.
- Experience in SOP systemic design approach
- Experience in working with ECHO RRM funded projects is an advantage
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in northern Nigeria is an advantage
- Political and cultural awareness
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Commencement: November 2016
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels.Maiduguri is a
non-family posting. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing
security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is
modest. International staff members are required to live in joint
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates are required to enter the geographical
location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you
can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Application Deadline 16th October, 2016.