Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client is a diversified business group
with interests in key sectors of the Nigerian economy such as
agriculture, manufacturing, international trade, logistics,
pharmaceuticals and supermarket..
Michael Stevens Consulting is currently looking to fill the job positions below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Candidates should have up to 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Candidates must already be performing similar functions in
their current jobs and experience must have been gained in a
manufacturing work environment.
Job Title: Financial Accountant
- Candidate is to possess up to 4-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- MUST be a chartered accountant and must have relevant financial
background, and must have been exposed to haulage procedures in current
or past work environment.
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Some responsibilities will include:
- Managing statutory compliance in the group companies (in matters such as Tax, Pension, NHF, etc.).
- Ensuring prompt remittance of statutory reports to be sent to CAC, FIRS, etc.
- Ensure SBU’s compliance with statutory regulations.
- Head Internal Audit processes.
- Candidate is to possess up to 5-8 years of relevant industry
experience, must be a chartered accountant and must have relevant
Job Title: Inventory Accountant
- The Inventory Accountant will supervise the accounting and
reporting for all inventory activities at the warehouses, stores, and
- They will also prepare period account analyses for various
General Ledger accounts, maintain the financial statements for the
Pension and Profit Sharing Plans, and be responsible for the preparation
of various year-end audit work papers.
- Assist in establishing and implementing inventory policies and procedures.
- Perform weekly and monthly physical stock checks at all the plants and highlight variances to the management.
- Perform weekly and monthly physical assets and tools counts at all the plants and highlight
- variances to the management.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc
inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant
- Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels at warehouse/inventory locations
- based on goods shipped.
- Report shortfalls and surplus inventory weekly and monthly for replenishment.
- A minimum of 8 years experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
Job Title: Industrial Relations Manager
- General Supervision of all industrial relations activities of the Company.
- Development and recommendation of policies, plans, programs and
procedures for the maximum effective use of the human resources of the
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements with the union
- Managing grievance procedures;overseeing dispute resolution
involving employees, management, unions, government agencies, other
- Advising management on issues regarding union-management relations, such as contract negotiations
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the manufacturing company is required
- Background in labor relations related to the private sector and to the public sector at federal, state, and local levels
- Specific skills, such as negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communications and strong interpersonal communications
- An understanding of labour law
Job Title: Group Treasurer
- The Group Treasurer will be responsible for corporate liquidity,
investments, and risk management related to the company’s financial
- The ideal candidate will also be responsible for directing an
organization’s budget, overseeing investment of funds, managing and
limiting risks, supervising cash management activities, raising capital
to support the firm’s expansion, and handling mergers and acquisitions.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest
rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange
- Maintain banking relationships, Maintain credit rating agency relationships
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Monitor the activities of third parties handling outsourced treasury functions on behalf of the company
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
Job Title: Insurance Manager
- Candidates should have up to 8-12 years relevant experience.
- Must be a certified Insurance broker.
- They must already be performing similar functions in their current jobs.
Job Title: Head of Internal Audit
- To manage the Internal Audit function for the group company.
- To ensure that the Internal audit Function provides an
independent assessment of the adequacy of the company’s internal systems
and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and
evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable law
- To draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of management.
- Internal Audit and Continuous Improvement
- Design, implement, test and modify controls in specific
organisation systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical
efficiency at the corporate level.
- Identify instances of over and under control and provide
management with a clear articulation of residual risks where existing
controls are inadequate.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction/methodology.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of
internal controls and discuss changes in policies that will impact the
- BA Degree in Business or related.
- 10+ years accounting or internal audit experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Certified Audit required, as well as one of the following: ACA or ACCA.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Title: Executive Assistant – Male
Reports directly to the Managing Director.
- Providing complete support to MD and completing projects
- Maintaining databases, filing systems, handle phone calls, expense claims and manage diaries
- Co-ordinating and arranging meetings and all the other related work
- Management of meeting schedules, travel arrangements, email, and other administrative support for senior management.
- Schedule appointment and meetings for supporting staff
- Screens and routes incoming calls and messages when necessary
- Keeping record of necessary documents & agreements as required
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally.
- HND or BS/BA Degree desirable, MBA would be an advantage
- Willingness to work on Saturdays
- 4-5 years executive assistant experience, preferably in a fast-paced, environment.
- Ability to manage competing demands in a high pressure, fast
paced, ever-changing environment with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability and flexibility to establish and handle multiple and
changing work priorities, meet deadlines, and anticipate future
- Able to handle highly confidential, sensitive materials and
situations; ability to handle sensitive or difficult employee relations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the
ability and confidence to cultivate and maintain positive working
relationships with a wide range of individuals at all levels in the
company and within the community
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and analyzing problems,
utilizing good judgment and decision making skills in difficult
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical skills; proficiency in the use of Microsoft
Office software-specifically in Excel, PowerPoint and Word; strong work
ethic; self-motivated; ability to work independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 31st October, 2016.