Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit,
non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our
teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization
and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses,
answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency
relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity
and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 190
projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food
security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of
infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI
is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries – in
Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Premiere Urgence Internationale is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Financial Coordinator
Status: Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract
- The Administrative and Financial Coordinator is accountable for
the financial, accounting and budgetary management of the mission.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Financial, budgetary and accounting management: He/She is
responsible for all aspects relating to finance, including budgetary and
accounting elements, as well as the mission cash flow.
- Relation with donors: He/She will be in charge of budgeting the
proposals, doing the donor financial reports and organizing the audits
of the projects on the field.
- Coordination: He/She centralizes and diffuses information within
the mission and to headquarters for all financial, administrative,
legal and human resources aspects of the mission, and consolidates the
internal and external reporting for these domains.
- HR supervision: In the absence of HR coordinator (position not
funded any more by main donors) and in support to the national HR team,
he/she is in charge of supervising the HR department functioning. He/She
is in charge of Expat HR management for all administrative subjects.
- Relations with auditors : He/She supervises the audits on the field.
- Representation: He/She represents the association in its
relations with partners, authorities and different local players for the
financial, administrative, legal and human resources areas of the
Specific Objectives and linked Activities
1.) Ensuring Sound Financial, Budgetary and Accounting Management for the Mission:
- He/She elaborates and updates monitoring charts to ensure the
financial equilibrium of the mission and prevent risks. He/She analyses
financial information, and shares his/her conclusions with the
coordination team, the base managers and the appropriate technical
managers, as well as with the audit manager at headquarters.
- He/She ensures, amongst other things, that procurement procedures are respected and implements an internal control system.
- He/She also participates in the validation of procurement files.
- He/She is responsible for financial audits on the mission and
supervises the transmission to headquarters of the necessary documents
and information within the framework of headquarters’ audits.
- He/She ensures the implementation and correct use of financial,
accounting and budgetary procedures and management tools throughout the
mission. He/She is responsible for briefing new expatriates and local
employees on these rules and organizes ad hoc training when necessary.
- He/She implement or update the mission budgetary framework for
the year, and monitors/revises it at regular intervals, such as defined
with the audit manager at headquarters, at least twice a year.
- He/She carries out budgetary projections at regular intervals in
order to ensure the optimization of budgetary resources while
respecting the eligibility and flexibility rules of each donor. He/She
proposes where necessary budgetary adjustments, which could necessitate
requests for contractual amendments. He/She takes into account the
contractual timing required for presenting an amendment and ensures that
all the documents are transmitted in due time to headquarters.
- He/She ensures, throughout each project, that funds are
correctly attributed, respecting the contractual framework in terms of
eligibility rules (date, nature and procurement procedures) and
- He/She produces external financial reports for the donors that
he/she transmits to the Head of Mission for transmission to headquarters
with all the documents constituting the contractual report.
- He/She formulates project budgets within the framework of
operations proposals (including budgetary narrative), respecting the
procedures for each donor, in coordination with the coordination team
and the appropriate field managers. He/She ensures therefore the cost
coverage strictly linked to the proposed programs, but also to the fair
distribution of mission operating costs throughout each project.
- He/She prepares each month the budgetary monitoring for each
project, which he/she communicates to the appropriate players in the
mission and headquarters within 15 days following the end of the month,
and analyses with them any discrepancies between forecast and actual
- He/She supervises the accounting assignment of transactions,
ensures that expenditure is correctly assigned and carries out the
monthly accounting closure having carried out all the necessary
controls. He/She then transmits the monthly accounts to headquarters in
an electronic version within 10 days following the end of the month. Due
to most of the projects being audited on the field, the paper
accounting is sent on a regular basis to the headquarters when audits
- He/She is responsible for the correct archiving of accounting documents according to the rules established by headquarters.
- He/She establishes the provisional cash flow with the teams and
transmits to headquarters requests for transfers. He/She ensures that
the amount of cash flow for the mission is sufficient for the
requirements in the field over the period, taking into account possible
donor payments carried out locally in these transfer requests to
- He/She is responsible for the bank accounts and funds for which
he/she regularly controls the balances, and he/she organizes fund
movements to the mission permanently mindful of the security of the
transferred and stocked funds.
2.) Ensure the flow of Information, Coordination and Representation on Financial issues:
- He/She ensures efficient flow of information to field teams, the capital and headquarters.
- He/She drafts or participates to the drafting of reports on
internal operations in all matters concerning financial, budgetary and
accounting issues of the mission.
- Externally, he/she represents PUI with tax and administrative authorities (Tax Directorate, collection agencies…).
- He/She also develops and maintains relationships with partner
entities, particularly in the context of NGO coordination involving
finance and donors.
- He/She ensures administrative coordination at the mission level
through regular visits to bases, controls, monitoring, training, etc…
3.) Supervise and Manage Admin Teams:
- He/She oversees the entire finance team, directly or indirectly.
He/She writes or validates job descriptions and performs or delegates
- He/She ensures and/or supervises ongoing training in procedures
and PUI tools for national and international members of the admin/fin
team, in the capital and on bases.
- He/She supports the Base Manager and Admin/Log Manager in the
performance of their finance activities, in a functional, not
- He/She develops the action plan for the finance department according to the objectives defined in the mission’s annual program.
- He/She leads working meetings, arbitrates conflicts, and determines priorities and timing of activities.
- He/She participates in the recruitment of finance team members.
Number of people to manage and their position (expatriate/local staff):
- Direct management:
- National staff: 2 assistants
- Indirect management:
- National Staffs: 4
- Financial management / Accounting
- Project management
- Human Resource Management
- Legal knowledge (contracts, HR…)
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of institutional donation procedures – Required
- Other (specify)
- Office Pack (Including Excel)
Personal Characteristics expected (team player, match for the position and the mission):
- Great capacity to delegate
- Resistance to pressure
- Great listening skills, empathy
- Adaptability, priority management, practicality
- Diplomacy and ability to negotiate
- Good communication
- Honesty and thoroughness
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
- Good Stress Management
- Organization and method
- Sense of responsibility
Monthly Gross Income: from 2 200 up to 2 530 Euros depending on the
experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority
- Cost Covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily Living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application
(Resume and Cover Letter) to “Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer
for Expatriates”, at:
email@example.com with the following subject: (caf-nga).
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.