Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit,
non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our
teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization
and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses,
answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency
relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity
and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following
sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction
and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and
economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million
people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Program Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of Mission: 6 Months
- In collaboration with the Logistic Coordinator, and under the
supervision of the Field Coordinator, The Warehouse Program Manager will
supervise implementation and ensure proper management of the Warehouse
programs in Nigeria. The Warehouse programs consist of warehousing
facilities available for partner (ONGI, UN and IO….)
Task and Responsibilities
- Programs: He/She will ensure implementation and oversight of
Warehouse programs under his/her responsibility. He/She coordinates the
receipt, storage, and dispatch of goods/materials. He/She ensures
compliance procedures and logistical tools for monitoring input / output
- Representation: He/She will represent the association to local
partners, authorities and players involved in implementation of
- Safety and Security: He/She will assist in following safety and
security rules on-base and will transmit all safety and security
information to his/her supervisor.
- Strategy: He/She will assist in developing new operations as needed.
- Human Resources: He/She will supervise the Warehouse team (PUI employees and any day laborers).
- Logistics and Administration: He/She will oversee the logistic
and administrative duties of the project(s) under his/her
Specific Objectives and Linked Activities
Ensure Implementation and Oversight of Warehouse Program(s):
- He/She will plan activities and ensure that the activity
schedule is followed. If there are major delays in project
implementation, He/She will immediately inform his/her supervisor and
propose solutions to remedy the situation.
- He/She will oversee implementation of monitoring and/or
evaluation, depending on the needs of the project(s). He/She will
analyze and transmit information collected to his/her supervisor.
Depending on the project(s) and/or information collected, he/she will
produce and disseminate monitoring and evaluation reports to the
- He/She will ensure proper archiving of all documents produced
for the project(s) and that the verification sources cited in the
proposals are available.
- He/She will send internal and external reports to his/her
supervisor by the internal approval (SITREP) deadline and external
contractual (project report) deadline.
- He/She will approve technical selections for the project(s).
- He/She will ensure the Warehouse program(s) under his/her
responsibility are running smoothly and ensure that the objectives
defined in his/her project propositions are met. Above all, he/she will
follow directions given, report to his/her supervisor, report any
obstacles encountered during implementation and propose improvements or
changes if necessary.
- He / She ensures that storage sites are appropriate to the needs
of partner and goods store (location, design, security, safety …) and
that the procedures, management processes and tools are in place and
- He / She makes regular inventories to share with partners.
- He / She attends meetings of the logistics cluster to make a
point if necessary with logistics coordinators partners to inform them
of the state of stock and future supplies.
- He / She performs weekly inventory tracking and diffuse the partners.
B.) Dispatch / Movements:
- He / she plans and supervises the dispatch items towards partners
- He / she organizes the flow of goods, ensures the reception
quality and quantity of expected properties and performs physical checks
of stored goods. He / She is attentive to expiry dates, where
- He / She ensures the proper referencing of movement / transfer documents.
- He / she transmits to the Logistics Coordinator inventory reports on a monthly basis
Supervise the Warehouse Team:
- He/She will familiarize him-/herself with PUI mission bylaws and ensure that they are understood and followed by the team.
- He/She will implement mechanisms for coordinating his/her own team and organize their supervision.
- He/She will identify his/her team’s training needs
(organizational, methodological or technical support; training, etc.)
and fulfill them.
- He/She will develop his/her team’s organizational chart and have it approved by the Field Coordinator.
- He/She will develop job descriptions for his/her team members,
have them approved by the Field Coordinator and actively participate in
recruitment (interview, testing, etc.). He/She will participate in the
decision to end a team member’s work contract.
- He/She will ensure that each person is evaluated in writing at
least once per contract and per year and, at a minimum, before he/she
leaves the job.
Oversee Logistics and Administration of Warehouse Program(S):
- He/She will present the program needs to the Field Coordinator depending on the available budget.
- He/She will communicate to the Field Coordinator weekly his/her
needs in terms of vehicles and communication equipment and materials for
- Each month, he/she will provide the Field Coordinator with all
the information necessary to develop provisional funding for his/her
- Each month, he/she will have an updated budget follow-up for the
programs under his/her responsibility, and he/she will assist in
analyzing it, detecting any discrepancies and proposing adjustments to
the Field Coordinator.
- He/She will consider the mission’s time and logistics
constraints as well as the program’s purchasing procedures to ensure
that his/her request is realistic given the time needed to obtain
- He/She will assist in analyzing vendor offers for purchases with
highly technical specifications and carry out the necessary compliance
- He/She will actively participate in developing invitations to
tender, in cooperation with the mission’s Logistics Coordinator if
Represent PUI to Warehouse Player:
- He/She will represent the association to local players involved
in implementation of Warehouse programs and ensure that good
relationships are maintained with each of them (within PUI’s principles
of neutrality and independence).
- With the agreement of the base owner, he/she will attend and
actively participate in any coordination meetings held on Warehouse
- In the event of visits by Donors, he/she will actively help prepare for and assist in the visit.
Ensure the Safety of Person and Property:
- He/She will ensure that the safety and security plan is
understood by the team under his/her responsibility and that the safety
and security rules are followed.
- He/She will ensure that the project(s), methodology and
selection criteria do not endanger aid recipients, PUI members or anyone
else. He/She will immediately alert the Field Coordinator if teams or
aid recipients are in danger.
- He/She will ensure that his/her team members and any day
laborers have the proper safety equipment for their activities (for
example, helmets, safety shoes, protective vests, gloves, etc).
- He/She will help collect information on the safety and security
of his/her region of operations and send it to the Field Coordinator
regularly or ad hoc in case of emergency.
Contribute to the Development of New Proposition:
- Along with the Field Coordinator, he/she will help identify Warehouse needs.
- When developing new operations, he/she will help the Field Coordinator prepare the Warehouse portion of project propositions.
- He/She will help develop the mission’s strategy.
Number of people to manage and their position (expatriate/local staff)
- Direct management
- Indirect management
- Logistic + Project Management
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of project management
- Team Management
- Warehouse/transport Management
- Understanding of institutional donor (OFDA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.) procedures
- Other (please specify)
- Pack Office
- Other (to be specified).
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into the team, suitability for the job and assignment):
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative and responsibility
- High stress tolerance
- Ability to make proposals and find solutions
- Ability to work and manage people in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to take into consideration the local environment and its political, economic and historical aspects
- Diplomatic and open-minded
- Good analytic ability
- Ability to organize and manage priorities
Month Gross Income: from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the
experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their their Application
(Resume and Cover Letter) to Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer for
Expatriates at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: « WarehouseProgMana-NGA ».
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.