19 Oct 2016
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) Vacancy for a Graduate Base Administrator
answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Administrator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Field Coordinator
Status: Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract
- The Administrator is responsible for the roll out of all administrative (financial and HR) procedures related to the base and works in close collaboration with the Administrative and Financial Coordinator in sound financial, accounting and budgetary management of the base as well as management of human resources, in compliance with the PUI and donors procedures and National and local regulations.
- Administrative and Financial Support: He/She oversees administrative and financial questions in the base, and ensures compliance with relevant procedures, with substantive support from the mission’s Administrative and Financial Coordinator (AFC).
- He/She manages Accountancy and Reporting at base level and send the relevant information to the Coordination in Juba, according to PUI calendar
- Human Resources: He/She supervises the on-site activities related to administrative and human resource management.
1.) Ensure Financial, Budgetary, Accounting and Administrative Management of the Base:
- He/She works in collaboration with the Administrative and Financial Coordinator to set up aspects relative to finances, including budgetary, accounting and treasury elements in the base.
- He/She ensures the design and the roll out of all necessary financial and budget management tools related to the opening of the base.
- He/She ensures the proper use of these tools and procedures for financial, accounting and budget management in the base: accounting procedures, accounting records, SAGA, budget follow up, budget projections, cash forecasts, cash management and cash security.
- He/she provides to the AFC on a month bases the cash forecast based on the budget forecast and the procurement plan.
- Together with the AFC and the Field coordinator, he/she ensures that a system of internal oversight is in place in the base.
- He/She ensures compliance with procedures for undertaking expenditure commitments, and participates in the process of endorsing purchase orders.
- He/She is the guardian of the bookkeeping, and in that capacity makes sure that cash balances and bank accounts are absolutely and permanently backed up by appropriate accounting documents.
- He/She provides a technical support to the base (teams) regarding financial tools.
- Together with the AFC he/she develops tools to perform the administrative service in the base.
- Under the supervision of the Administrative and Financial Coordinator, he/she organizes the preparation of the audits.
- He/she ensure that the administrative and financial archives are in compliance with internal procedures
- He/She organizes and provides training to the admin national staff on these tools and procedures. He/she makes sure that these tools and procedures are understood and applied by the national staff.
- He/She controls and monitors the implementation of the tools and procedures and provides the necessary support to perform the service.
- He/She is responsible for cost optimization; and uses budget tracking to achieve this; he/she ensures adequate financial resources for the running of the site and projects.
- As regards budgetary monitoring, He/She participates in team-based analysis (along with technical, and logistics management) and is responsible for detecting anomalies and proposing adjustments to the Field coordinator and to the AFC,
- He/She ensures that accounting entries are completed in compliance with internal rules, and communicated to the AFC according to the agreed calendar, after endorsement by the Field coordinator.
- Together with the AFC and the Field coordinator, he/she tracks the cash flow for his/her site, and oversees disbursements.
- He/She works in collaboration with the Administrative and Financial Coordinator to set up HR procedures and management tools in compliance with the labor regulations of the country of intervention and the HR policy of PUI, and monitors risks associated with HR issues in the base.
- He/She ensures the administrative management of national staff, in particular, payroll operations, monitoring absences, the construction, updating and archiving of personnel files.
- He/She assumes or delegates responsibility for the induction of any new employee in the base, and ensures, in particular, that logistical, administrative, HR and financial procedures, as well as procedures for the use of communication and transportation are explained and well understood.
- He/She ensures that all local employees are subject to a written evaluation at least once per contract period and per year.
- He/She completes training programs for the local staff (logistical and administrative aspects) based on identified needs.
- He/She handles the management of interpersonal conflicts that arise on his/her site, and refers the matter to the Field coordinator, in the event that he/she is not able to resolve dispute.
- He/She is the guardian of the image of PUI in his/her area of operation, and in that capacity ensures that the entire staff under his/her authority displays behavior consistent with the values upheld by the organization, and with full respect for the local culture.
- He/She ensure the roll out of HR rules, procedures and tools related to the base opening and functioning regarding: national HR regulations, national staff contracts, procedures of recruitment, payroll operations, implementation of appropriate working conditions, HR records electronic and physical records, by-laws.
- Under the supervision of the AFC he/she ensures these rules, procedures and tools are adapted to the base.
- He/She guarantees that the recruitment procedures are respected and actively contributes to the recruitment (advertisement, applications, and interviews) of all national staff, especially during the phase of base opening
- He/She initiates and maintains a dialogue with all relevant local and national authorities regarding all HR related subjects and legislations.
- He/she ensure that the HR archives are in compliance with internal procedures
- He/She suggests possible updates to HR policy in terms of rules, procedures and tools relating to recruitment, remuneration, administrative management, disciplinary aspects and management of individual career development within the organization.
- He/She controls and monitors the implementation of tools and procedures and provides the necessary support to perform the service.
- He/She participates in the hiring process, as well as in any decisions related to the termination of employment contracts of local personnel at the site.
- He/She ensures compliance with PUI’s Internal Rules of Procedure in the base.
- He/She design the team set-up and size according to the support needs of the base.
- He/She oversees the hiring process of the whole logistic team and participates in any decision related to the termination of employment contracts of national employees.
- He/She assumes or delegates responsibility for the induction of new members of his team, ensuring the project and base context, the relevant PUI tools and policies are well understood
- He/She completes basic training programs for national employees and identifies additional training needs and sets up adequate training programs (organizational support, methodology, and technical support as the case may be organization of training sessions).
- He/She prepares the job profiles of national employees under his/her immediate supervision
- He/She supervises and manages directly his/her team
- He/She guides the work of the logistics teams, tracks the realization of their objectives, and leads the mid-term and final staff evaluations.
- He/She ensures compliance with the Internal Rules of Procedure of PUI on the site.
- He/She ensures efficient flow of information to the Administrative and Finance Coordinator, and, if necessary, to the Program team, to the Logistics team, and to the Head of Mission.
- He/She sends the internal and external reports to the immediate supervisor, while meeting internal deadlines for endorsement (monthly logistical reports / Accounting/ returns on budgetary monitoring / cash flow estimates).
- He/She attends internal coordination meetings, and participates actively.
- If necessary, he/she represents the association with partners, local authorities and various actors involved in the financial, administrative, legal and human resource aspects of the mission.
- He/She drafts or participates in the drafting of reports on internal operations in all matters concerning his field of action in financial, budgetary, accounting and HR management of the mission.
- He/She supports the Field coordinator(s) in the performance of their admin activities, in a functional, not hierarchical, relationship.
Number of people to manage and their position (expatriate/local staff)
- Direct management:
- National Staff: 2
- Indirect management:
- National Staff: 2
- Financial/Accounting management
- Project management
- Human Resources Management
- Minimum of 1-2 years
- Experience in Team Management
- At least one experience in base/mission opening
- Knowledge of procedures: institutional donors (ECHO …)
- Knowledge of PUI procedures
- Other (specify)
- Pack Office
- Other (to be specified)
- Leadership skills and ability to take decisions
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong listening, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to work with various partners, in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
- Ability to integrate local environment and to adapt to a different cultural context
- Analytical (discernment, pragmatism) skills
- Ability to show authority, if necessary
- Capacity to adapt and showing organizational flexibility
- Ability to work and manage affairs professionally and with maturity
- Sense of diplomacy
Monthly Gross Income: from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI.
- Cost Covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Daily Living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer for Expatriates, at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: (Admin-Nga).
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.