PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are
looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than
180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax
and Advisory services.
PriceWaterHouseCooper is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Strategy & Operations Consultant
Reference Number: 125-NIG00109
Job type: Permanent
- We are looking for Consultants to work with Managers on complex
engagements that help our clients realize competitive advantage from
operations by optimizing their business through strategy development,
transformation and operational effectiveness.
- Specific area of focus include , network design, product
innovation and development, sales and operations planning, strategic
cost analysis and managements, business process reviews, strategic
decision making and commercial and market due diligence.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The power-house of the team – integral to the project, taking a
“get it right first time” approach to research, analysis and output.
- The Consultant’s key role revolves around ensuring sound data
collection, analysis, interviewing and presentation as well as adding
additional value through drawing out the “so what” and supporting the
manager in basic project management tasks.
- Consultants also apply these skills and drive outside of the project environment to support & develop our practice.
- Comfortable with dealing with targets of clients, the Consultant
must be able to develop relationships within and outside of the firm.
Project Delivery & Management
Business & Industry analysis:
- Quickly gets on top of industry issues (e.g. regulation,
drivers, threats), understands their relevance to and forms an opinion
on target/client business.
- Identifies, forms an opinion on and articulates client/target strategy from e.g. business plan/performance.
Data gathering and handling:
- Able to scope and execute primary research using all relevant research providers.
- Able to synthesise key messages and trends and their implications for the client/target from large volumes of data and sources.
- Sense-checks and triangulates research and output with other data sources.
- Presents data candidly, accurately and completely – “Right first time” approach.
- Demonstrates ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Communicates effectively with team members – e.g. changes to hypotheses, data problems, new issues, timing.
- Aware of key sources of data – where to find it, how to access
it etc – and able to identify/find new sources of data specific to a
given project (incl. market sources and previous projects).
- Aware of alternative methods for data gathering e.g. interviewing to verify/supplement published market research.
- On top of all internally and externally available data and their limitations.
- Understands drivers of revenues and profitability.
- Understands key ratios – e.g. profitability margins.
- Able to perform basic analysis of business plan/performance – e. g. key drivers, trend analysis, CAGRs.
- Can set up clear, easy to follow and fully sourced spreadsheets.
- Data manipulation using simple formulae and techniques – e.g. vlookups, pivot tables.
- Able to construct basic models.
- Able to gain understanding of how models have been constructed and use these models
- Able to understand the limitations of individual models.
- Professional approach to interviewing.
- Designs interview programme – identifying contacts, writing questionnaires.
- Able to hold in-depth conversations – i.e. not just sticking to
the script, making interviews focused on the key questions to be
- Prepares concise, well written documents using appropriate business and technical language
- Understands key differences between e.g. strategy project and
key propositions in strategy consulting and drafts reports appropriately
- Extracts key messages and implications from interviews.
- •Suitable documentation of interview feedback to a client-ready standard.
- Strongly contributes to Client Team Meetings having the ability to present sections of findings internally
- Supports senior staff at meetings by having grasp of all data and findings – and framing opinions on their basis.
- Uses clear simple slides – using appropriate graphics
- Understanding of strategy consulting environment and roles of various parties within it
- Effective time management – prioritization of issues,
understands & executes 80/20, research vs. reporting, meets agreed
- Appreciation of importance and principles of risk management / attendance of all updates
Business and team development:
- Able to conduct oneself professionally at client meetings and on
client location – e.g. Appropriate language, dress, and interpersonal
skills, takes notes & circulates in good time.
- Assists in proposal preparation & research, making an active
effort to spend available time on Business Development activities
- Communicates the importance of knowledge of roles and responsibilities and standards to team members.
- Demonstrates importance of quality by reviewing work products of others and making necessary modifications.
- Contributes to industry teams – e.g. presentations on past
projects, sector research, keep up to date with sector news, knowledge
- Contributes to wider team – e.g. Induction, buddying, peer group & social activities.
- Begins to build an internal network of contacts, e.g. business
and community, cross-functional, cross-LoS and communicates
relationships to appropriate partners or leaders.
- Understands and can communicate broad range of services provided by PwC and begins to identify needs client may not recognize.
- Utilization of approximately 70 -85% (i.e. 1,390 – 1,480 hours).
- Proactively defines and discusses development objectives on- and off-project
- Demonstrates ability to work cross various sectors – at least 40%-50% of projects outside the home sector.
- Understands risk management procedures and implements them in
day to day work. Able to create drafts/handle key risk management
procedures (e.g. engagement letters).
- Assists manager in filing & keeping order during projects
(incl. MAP) and takes responsibility/active role in project close-down
and archiving process.
- Keeps up to date with current business events and issues – e.g. economic trends, sector news.
- Basic understanding of Strategy products & services /
Consulting products and services and how our work fits into the wider
- Demonstrates ability to work across consulting and strategy assignments.
- Asks for upward and downward feedback in timely manner, takes
feedback on-board positively and takes action to address areas for
growth and improvement.
- Provides constructive and honest upward (and where appropriate downward) feedback in a timely manner
- Maintains a focus on project economics – e.g. hours, etc – and submits timesheets on a timely basis.
- First Degree in relevant field.
- MBA/MSc may be an added advantage.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relations with senior level clients and key industry contacts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading projects and diverse teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Strategy consulting in a professional services environment or in a large/global organization.
- Experience outside market of operation will be an added advantage
Job Knowledge Requirements:
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of one of the following
industries – Financial Services, Government Agencies, Consumer products
and Telecommunication, Energy and Mining.
- Project management skills – ability to manage across multiple and complex projects.
- Understand and live the PwC values.
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation.
- Presentation, communication and facilitation skills.
- Adapting and responding to change.
- Job Related Skills and Competencies
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as team manager.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and senior clients.
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, delivering results and meet client expectations.
- Strong IT Skills and technical depth.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Shortlisting will begin immediately your application is received
Application Deadline 27th October, 2016