Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the
hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our
guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7
in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services.
Bolton White Hotels &
Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements;
ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the
experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of
expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the
cornerstone of our success.
We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide
the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our
passion for delivering unequal hospitality service where details
matter, apply today to join our team.
Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is recruiting to fill the job positions below:
Job Title: General Manager
- Oversees all aspects of Property Management in accordance with
Company mission statement, including maximization of financial
performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within
established quality standards.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and discipline of all hotel staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the role of “Standard Bearer”, ensuring that each
criteria in Bolton White Apartments then-current “Bolton White
Apartments Basics” are communicated, understood, achieved and maintained
by hotel staff.
- Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Company’s mission statement.
- Prepares financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- Implements and maintains effective open-door communication
system that crosses departmental lines in order to reach all employees.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s
operations, ensuring hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable
laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state
or municipal authority.
- Deals with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Plans and organizes the work of others.
- Accepts full responsibility for managing an activity.
- Establishes and maintains a pro-active human resource function
to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and
benefits administration, and compliance with established labor
- Performs each criteria as contained in Bolton White Apartments
then-current “General Manager’s Standard Operating Procedures” in a
- Performs each criteria as contained in Bolton White Apartments
then-current “General Manager’s Standard of Performance” in a
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
- Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and
analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Initiates
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting
ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective
- Maintains an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement.
- Executes marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting
in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures. 13.
Establishes and maintains applicable preventive maintenance programs to
protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Typically, directly supervises 2 to 10 employees at the hotel,
including all department heads. Indirectly supervises all hotel
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, training programs, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints
and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able
to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and
satisfactory manner, and the individual must be punctual and have a
good attendance record, and have reliable means of transportation to
- The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education and Experience:
- Absent extraordinary prior on-the-job experience, the General
Manager position requires at least a Degree in Hospitality Management or
any other relevant discipline (or equivalent combination of education
- The position requires an occupationally-significant combination
of vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, and
essential experience in similar capacity, responsible hotel skill level
and management positions.
- A Certified Hospitality Administrator designation is preferred.
Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Report To: General Manager
- Optimize and maximize Guest and Associate experiences.
- Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, using strong
leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profits, and ensure
- Directly responsible for at least two departments and at times
may be responsible for the effective operation of the entire hotel in
the absence of the General Manager.
- Effectively manage and motivate Associates to ensure achievement of overall financial results, Guest and Associate satisfaction.
- Champion of the hotel’s internal and external communications and record-keeping.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a professional image and support the Company in actions and words at all times.
- Maintain a hotel atmosphere consistent with the Company’s standards for professionalism and total quality Guest service.
- Maintain open channels of communication with General Manager, fellow co-workers, Associates, and Guests.
- Address Guests’ complaints in a manner which results in superior Guest service.
- In the absence of the General Manager, handle emergencies at
the hotel, following procedures for notifying the proper Company
management and civil authorities when necessary.
- Actively enforce all safety policies to protect Associates, Guests, and Company Assets.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to Guests at all times.
- Motivate and encourage staff to effectively solve problems which need attention.
- Assist and train Associates to understand Guests’ ever changing needs and how to exceed them.
- Proactively deal with Associate concerns.
- Ensure a viable key control program is in place.
- Comply with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Lead by example, demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- In the absence of the General Manager, assume complete
responsibility for the effective operation of all hotel areas, and the
achievement of hotel goals.
- Ensure that staff reports to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent Associates. Coordinate breaks for Associates.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Ensure effective procedures are in place within department
areas for which responsibility is assigned (may include Front Office,
Food & Beverage, Engineering, and/or Housekeeping).
- At least a Degree in Hospitality related course or equivalent, related experience
- At least 8 years working experience in similar role and excellent working knowledge of hospitality industry
- A Master degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Well-groomed and professional in appearance
- Willing to work on weekends and holidays if required
- Effective communication skills
- Good listener
- Open with praise, discreet with criticism
- Rational, prudent and practical.
Job Title: Night Manager
Department: Front Office
Report To: General Manager
- To be totally guest focused by consistently delivering excellent
guest service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To ensure at all times a high standard of cleanliness,
maintenance and safety. To encourage a friendly and professional
atmosphere and ensure that all members are properly guided and
supervised at all times.
- To promote the Company Mission Statement through continual demonstration of the Personality.
- To ensure opening procedures are carried out with specific
emphasis on checking cleanliness, maintenance and safety of all
- To ensure closing procedures are carried out with specific emphasis on checking all security and cleanliness aspects.
- To be fully aware of Reception and Gymnasium, Pool, Sauna,
Steam, Solarium, safe operating procedures and ensure that these are
adhered to at all times.
- To be involved in running courses and taking training to meet the demands of Leisure Club users.
- To instruct classes as and when required.
- To oversee the control of the daily takings throughout the day.
This to include finishing each day by recording all monies taken on
- To ensure that any problems, breakdowns etc. are reported to the
F&B Manager and promptly rectified in order that our level of guest
care remains high.
- To ensure that all takings are deposited with the Hotel Reception, and signed for.
- To be responsible for the supervision and safety of guests and
members of the Leisure Club in accordance with Club/Company procedures
and Health & Safety regulations.
- To understand and operate the Leisure Club Reception computer,
ensuring usage by both members and guests is properly controlled and
- To understand and operate Daily Booking Sheets. To administer all revenue generated within the Leisure Club.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness of the Leisure Club at all
times in accordance with Leisure Club/Company procedures and Health and
- To operate all bookings for Solarium/Fitness
Testing/Lessons/Classes/Aqua Classes/Aerobics etc. and to ensure that
the Reception Desk is run efficiently and that all persons entering the
Leisure Club are correctly registered, e.g. as members, guests or
- To make regular checks on the stock of towels, tissues, soap,
toilet paper etc. and to ensure adequate stock is available at all
times. To always ensure that there are adequate supplies of general
cleaning materials, paper towels, toilet rolls, cleaning fluid for
sunbed and tokens for business requirements.
- To be responsible for the smooth operation of the Leisure Club
whilst on duty, carrying out regular tests on the swimming pool and
Jacuzzi and to take immediate action should the results of these tests
pose any danger to users. To check all areas of the Club on an ongoing
basis throughout the day.
- To ensure that the Leisure Club is opened and closed at the
published times and is run in accordance with prescribed Company
standards when on duty.
- To be aware of, and strictly observe safe and hygienic working
practices in order to satisfy Health and Safety at Work and other
- To be able to sell memberships to potential members, using the established sales procedure.
- To be constantly aware of opportunities to promote the Leisure Club through all sales outlets and also in the local community.
- To conform at all times to Company image and standards by wearing the uniform provided.
- To assist in all social activities and promotions and to ensure that they are well organized and efficiently carried out.
- To be aware of the importance of the gymnasium area as a focal
point for communication and relating with members, ensuring that they
are enjoying their workouts which in turn will lead to referral and the
overall success of the Leisure Club.
- To consistently deliver superior guest service through our Guest Service Programme
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to Health and Safety and fire procedures.
- To strictly adhere to all security procedures laid down.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- Qualifications are an important aspect of being a fitness instructor, both for securing employment and ensuring safe practice.
- A minimum of A-level in Physical Education and Sports Studies
and then a specific university degree (BSc) in Sports Studies, Health
and Fitness Management, Sports Science and other related subjects.
- At least Two years working experience in similar position in the hospitality industry.
Skills & Attribute:
- Personal motivation to keep fit and the ability to motivate others to do the same.
- Patience and the ability to explain things clearly
- Understanding of lifestyle, diet and the human body
- Awareness of safety and good working practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org