24 Oct 2016
Save the Children Job in Abuja for an Accountability Coordinator
innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- Technical lead for development and management of accountability structures and systems across the country program.
- The role is responsible for ensuring fully embedded practical and effective mechanisms for accountability to children within the country program, via capacity building, championing and supporting Implementation.
Set-up the management of Accountability structure:
- Develop accountability framework structure for country programmes
- Develop benchmark/indictor to monitor accountability across programmes
- Provide extensive capacity building for staff and representatives on concept of accountability
- Foster an environment of innovation and creativity in community participation especially child participation
- Ensure accountability plans are developed and well coordinated with project staff.
- Provide technical support to project team on implementation of CRM across all programmes
- Ensure development of CRM plan for programmes
- Periodic supervision of all CRM personnel to ensure complaints are logged in a professional and timely manner and beneficiaries are communicated with the in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback
- Support MEAL Coordinators/Accountability focal points conduct quarterly survey for Complaints Satisfaction Assessment
- Provide CRM Report on a quarterly basis to Head of MEAL for dissemination to SMT
- Coordinate, consolidate and document lessons learned and best practices and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure complaints are correctly lodged into the Central CRM database
- Manage toll free number and other means of CRM and ensure all CRMs (hotline, complain box, hoarding board) are functional at State, LGA and community levels
- Manage Complaints and Response Mechanism Central Database; aggregate complaints/feedbacks from field level databases into the central complaints database.
- Provide timely reminder to the concerned program staffs for the completion of actions agreed in the action plan tracker related to CRM.
- Facilitating in holding the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities regarding CRM.
- Support Program Team and Verification and Investigation Committee for verification of complaints registered & Ensure the timely resolution of the complaints & completion of CRM database.
- Ensure that Program Staff handle complaints as per CRM Design specifications and are sharing the information with team members
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in related field and 5 years of professional experience. Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Very good listening and facilitation skills - capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with programme participants, children, parents/caregivers, local officials, partners and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Ability to mobilise people - to develop and maintain relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation in Save the Children’s ways of working
- Knowledge and experience of child safeguarding policies and procedures
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Experience in or understanding of programme accountability principles
- Commitment to championing community and partner points of view
- Good understanding of accountability principles in terms of donors and organisational management but critically also to beneficiaries.
- Fluency in Hausa language, spoken and written
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.