Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating
lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the
world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability,
collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we
help children and families help themselves.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- Technical lead for development and management of accountability structures and systems across the country program.
- The role is responsible for ensuring fully embedded practical
and effective mechanisms for accountability to children within the
country program, via capacity building, championing and supporting
Key Areas of Accountability
Set-up the management of Accountability structure:
- Develop accountability framework structure for country programmes
- Develop benchmark/indictor to monitor accountability across programmes
- Provide extensive capacity building for staff and representatives on concept of accountability
- Foster an environment of innovation and creativity in community participation especially child participation
- Ensure accountability plans are developed and well coordinated with project staff.
Management of Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM):
- Provide technical support to project team on implementation of CRM across all programmes
- Ensure development of CRM plan for programmes
- Periodic supervision of all CRM personnel to ensure complaints
are logged in a professional and timely manner and beneficiaries are
communicated with the in a dignified manner regarding their
- Support MEAL Coordinators/Accountability focal points conduct quarterly survey for Complaints Satisfaction Assessment
- Provide CRM Report on a quarterly basis to Head of MEAL for dissemination to SMT
- Coordinate, consolidate and document lessons learned and best practices and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure complaints are correctly lodged into the Central CRM database
- Manage toll free number and other means of CRM and ensure all
CRMs (hotline, complain box, hoarding board) are functional at State,
LGA and community levels
- Manage Complaints and Response Mechanism Central Database;
aggregate complaints/feedbacks from field level databases into the
central complaints database.
Coordination with program team:
- Provide timely reminder to the concerned program staffs for the
completion of actions agreed in the action plan tracker related to CRM.
- Facilitating in holding the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities regarding CRM.
- Support Program Team and Verification and Investigation
Committee for verification of complaints registered & Ensure the
timely resolution of the complaints & completion of CRM database.
- Ensure that Program Staff handle complaints as per CRM Design specifications and are sharing the information with team members
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5 years of
professional experience. Previous experience with other local and
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of
managing and facilitating group discussions with programme participants,
children, parents/caregivers, local officials, partners and all levels
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Ability to mobilise people – to develop and maintain
relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation
in Save the Children’s ways of working
- Knowledge and experience of child safeguarding policies and procedures
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based
applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Experience in or understanding of programme accountability principles
- Commitment to championing community and partner points of view
- Good understanding of accountability principles in terms of
donors and organisational management but critically also to
- Fluency in Hausa language, spoken and written
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th October, 2016.