13 Oct 2016
Save the Children Job in Nigeria for a Graduate Finance Officer
education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River, Nigeria
Key Areas of Accountability
- Have essential knowledge of Finance and Accounting. Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear and have strong understanding of all of Donor’s and Save the Children’s regulations and policies, especially the core policies such as; Finance policies and procedures, Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Coordinate with the Line manager to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line with SC policies and donor requirements.
- Manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports to Abuja as required. Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper) for the state office.
- Preparation and submission of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations to CO Abuja
- Help ensure that timely and accurate information is generated and disseminated accordingly to the project team, to inform activity planning and forecasts.
- Make statutory payments to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, WHT, and PENSION deduction and ensure adequate documentation is kept in the office.
- Conduct state level finance induction for all new staff on finance policies, systems and procedure
- Support the state teams to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements.
- In collaboration with the line manager support the training in financial management in accordance with SC’s financial management policies
- Process all banking activities in the state office, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies & Donor requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SC & Donor policies.
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non finance staff.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honesty, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Administrative & General Skills
- Level of Education - B.Sc /HND or equivalent
- Specified Study Area - Finance / Accounts / Business Administration
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Professional certificate in accounting and finance
- Knowledge and experience in working with USAID regulations
- Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive health service improvement is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.