Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a managed service
provider-civil construction company. Due to internal expansion; they
seek qualified candidate to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Senior Construction Manager
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling the project
construction phase: the process of tracking, reviewing, and regulating
the progress to meet the performance objectives defined in the project
- Co-ordination of all project activities.
- Quality time and waste control
- Project reports (weekly)
- Prepares the site and liaises with other construction
professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and
surveyors before construction work starts.
- Develops the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions
to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients,
suppliers and subcontractors.
- In charge of making safety inspections of the site when work is
underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the
environment (HSE) are adhered to.
- Cost monitoring and control
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Plans ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for
example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials.
Candidates must have:
- B. Eng/B.SC Civil Engineering/Building.
- Masters Degree in Construction Mgt. or Project Mgt. CORE or CORBON certified, Computer literate.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Proven experience of supervising and coordinating the activities as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Good communication and team building skills at all levels – able to lead and gain the respect of contractor and 3rd parties.
- Not less than 10 years relevant experience.
- A good understanding of the relevant codes and standards and testing requirements for same is a prerequisite.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 31st October, 2016.