11 Oct 2016
Senior Procurement Officer Vacancy at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)
improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Reporting to: Head, Procurement & Logistics
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
- Support in the effective management of the Procurement Unit in line with Procurement Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- The roles and responsibilities apply to the procurement functions of; Strategy & Planning; Advisory and Support, Sourcing, Negotiation and Contracting, Supplier Performance, Knowledge Management, Supervision and Relationship Management.
- The specific roles and responsibilities will be to execute the procurement duties below in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and other relevant policies and procedures;
- Support and participate in the preparation of the MSION Procurement Plan and subsequent updates of the Plan.
- Support in the implementation and realization of the Procurement Plan through sending notification to Programs and Departments to initiate Procurements; and advising on changes in procurement plan for Procurement Processes.
- Communicating with suppliers, contractors, and MSION staff regarding purchase requisitions, specifications, bids, contracts, orders, and related matters.
- Preparing draft submissions to Cross Function Evaluation, Negotiation, Product/Technical Committee, Legal Team and Procurement Committee.
- Supporting and providing technical guidance to Programs and Departments in drafting specifications, establishing price estimates and other procurement technical aspects.
- Managing expectations of Users in line with applicable procedures and processes applicable.
- Participate in the Prequalification of MSION Approved Suppliers in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines.
- Making recommendations to HPILAM to updating the MSION Approved Supply List.
- Ensuring that the Approved Supply List and Data Base is up to date.
- Assist in the development a variety of purchasing-related documents including contract terms, conditions, specifications, and contractual agreements.
- Secures price quotations and prepares terms, conditions, and/or specifications for prospective purchases.
- Making recommendations of the appropriate evaluation methodology and criteria procurements.
- Conduct and participate in the evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations.
- Preparing evaluation reports and bid analysis and recommendations of award of contract.
- Ensuring that an up to date price List of Frequently procured items is maintained.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams assigned to develop or evaluate contracts or proposals.
- Apply proper descriptive terminology or specifications to requisitions for commodities and services; apply independent judgment and technical knowledge to analyzing bids, making awards, examining merchandise quality, and comparing specifications and prices of competitive items
- Preparing Purchase Orders with the Use of Tally System.
- Examining, inspecting, and comparing the quality of merchandise and/or services purchased or to be purchased, to ensure that they meet the MSION requirements.
- Ensuring that the procurement transactions due for payment are complete and submitted to Finance for action.
- Drafting, editing, reviewing, and interpreting contract terms, conditions, and specifications;
- Recommending negotiations and contract award for supplies.
- Ensuring the Supplier Performance reports are obtained per procurement transaction from Users/Programs.
- Preparing the Updated Monthly Procurement Plan and Monthly Procurement Reports.
- Liaise with Regional Officers on the submission of Monthly Procurement reports.
- Maintaining an up to date Procurement, Contract Risk & Register.
- Maintaining an up to date Supplier list with key supplier details; Supplier Admin & Bid Logs.
- Ensuring that the appropriate Procurement Reference Numbers are assigned to every procurement transaction.
- Ensure a complete audit trail for all procurement process documentation.
- Supervises subordinate-level employees including: planning, organizing, and assigning the day-to-day workload; employee training and development; completing performance evaluations; and maintaining adequate staffing levels.
- Prioritizes own work and assists coworkers, vendors, and others with questions related to purchasing policies and procedures.
- At all times, maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders interacting with P&L Functions.
- Any Other Duties assigned from time to time.
Previous work experience required:
- Essential: Considerable (3 - 5 years) full-time professional-level experience involving the acquisition of medical supplies, equipment, commodities, or services involving a competitive bidding and negotiation process; Working on international procurement transactions; Experience with direct supervision of personnel.
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience in a health/medical or NGO organizations; experience in working in donor funded programmes.
- Essential: Procurement Process, INCOTERMS, IT knowledge ERP packages (Tally), MS Office programs, office equipment (printer, fax, copier, and scanner); People Management Skills.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of MS Dynamics-Navision; Oracle ERP system.
- Project Management, communication, negotiation, analytical and report writing, researching, Customer and Relationship Management, People Management Skills.
- Procurement Knowledge
- Respect & Integrity
- Forward Thinking
- Emotional Resourcefulness
- Ability to Learn, Relearn & Unlearn
- Results Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement & Stores Management, Commerce, or Business Administration.
- Essential: A professional Qualification in Procurement or at least ¾ Professional Qualification (e.g CIPS, NAVY,)
- Essential: Fluency in English (Written, Spoken and Reading)
- Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
- Report writing
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop
- Willingness to travel as requested
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the Position/Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant's full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.