Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a
results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and
marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied
services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and
improve access and use of a range of reproductive health
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Reporting to: Head, Procurement & Logistics
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
- Support in the effective management of the Procurement Unit in
line with Procurement Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- The roles and responsibilities apply to the procurement
functions of; Strategy & Planning; Advisory and Support, Sourcing,
Negotiation and Contracting, Supplier Performance, Knowledge Management,
Supervision and Relationship Management.
- The specific roles and responsibilities will be to execute the
procurement duties below in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines,
Standard Operating Procedures and other relevant policies and
Procurement Forecasting & Planning:
- Support and participate in the preparation of the MSION Procurement Plan and subsequent updates of the Plan.
- Support in the implementation and realization of the Procurement
Plan through sending notification to Programs and Departments to
initiate Procurements; and advising on changes in procurement plan for
Liaison, Coordination & Technical Support:
- Communicating with suppliers, contractors, and MSION staff
regarding purchase requisitions, specifications, bids, contracts,
orders, and related matters.
- Preparing draft submissions to Cross Function Evaluation,
Negotiation, Product/Technical Committee, Legal Team and Procurement
- Supporting and providing technical guidance to Programs and
Departments in drafting specifications, establishing price estimates and
other procurement technical aspects.
- Managing expectations of Users in line with applicable procedures and processes applicable.
Sourcing, Evaluations & Negotiations:
- Participate in the Prequalification of MSION Approved Suppliers in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines.
- Making recommendations to HPILAM to updating the MSION Approved Supply List.
- Ensuring that the Approved Supply List and Data Base is up to date.
- Assist in the development a variety of purchasing-related
documents including contract terms, conditions, specifications, and
- Secures price quotations and prepares terms, conditions, and/or specifications for prospective purchases.
- Making recommendations of the appropriate evaluation methodology and criteria procurements.
- Conduct and participate in the evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations.
- Preparing evaluation reports and bid analysis and recommendations of award of contract.
- Ensuring that an up to date price List of Frequently procured items is maintained.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams assigned to develop or evaluate contracts or proposals.
- Apply proper descriptive terminology or specifications to
requisitions for commodities and services; apply independent judgment
and technical knowledge to analyzing bids, making awards, examining
merchandise quality, and comparing specifications and prices of
Contracting & Contract Management:
- Preparing Purchase Orders with the Use of Tally System.
- Examining, inspecting, and comparing the quality of merchandise
and/or services purchased or to be purchased, to ensure that they meet
the MSION requirements.
- Ensuring that the procurement transactions due for payment are complete and submitted to Finance for action.
- Drafting, editing, reviewing, and interpreting contract terms, conditions, and specifications;
- Recommending negotiations and contract award for supplies.
- Ensuring the Supplier Performance reports are obtained per procurement transaction from Users/Programs.
Reporting & Knowledge Management:
- Preparing the Updated Monthly Procurement Plan and Monthly Procurement Reports.
- Liaise with Regional Officers on the submission of Monthly Procurement reports.
- Maintaining an up to date Procurement, Contract Risk & Register.
- Maintaining an up to date Supplier list with key supplier details; Supplier Admin & Bid Logs.
- Ensuring that the appropriate Procurement Reference Numbers are assigned to every procurement transaction.
- Ensure a complete audit trail for all procurement process documentation.
Supervisory & People Management:
- Supervises subordinate-level employees including: planning,
organizing, and assigning the day-to-day workload; employee training and
development; completing performance evaluations; and maintaining
adequate staffing levels.
- Prioritizes own work and assists coworkers, vendors, and others with questions related to purchasing policies and procedures.
- At all times, maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders interacting with P&L Functions.
- Any Other Duties assigned from time to time.
Experience and Skills
Previous work experience required:
- Essential: Considerable (3 – 5 years) full-time
professional-level experience involving the acquisition of medical
supplies, equipment, commodities, or services involving a competitive
bidding and negotiation process; Working on international procurement
transactions; Experience with direct supervision of personnel.
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience in a health/medical or NGO organizations; experience in working in donor funded programmes.
Technical knowledge or skills:
- Essential: Procurement Process, INCOTERMS, IT knowledge ERP
packages (Tally), MS Office programs, office equipment (printer, fax,
copier, and scanner); People Management Skills.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of MS Dynamics-Navision; Oracle ERP system.
- Project Management, communication, negotiation, analytical and
report writing, researching, Customer and Relationship Management,
People Management Skills.
- Procurement Knowledge
- Respect & Integrity
- Forward Thinking
- Emotional Resourcefulness
- Ability to Learn, Relearn & Unlearn
Job Specific Competences:
- Results Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
Education, Qualification and Training
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management,
Procurement & Stores Management, Commerce, or Business
- Essential: A professional Qualification in Procurement or at least ¾ Professional Qualification (e.g CIPS, NAVY,)
- Essential: Fluency in English (Written, Spoken and Reading)
- Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
- Report writing
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
Attitude / Motivation:
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop
- Willingness to travel as requested
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the Position/Title/Location
and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
Application Deadline Friday, 21st October, 2016.