26 Oct 2016
Senior Project Manager Vacancy at GE Power
GE is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager - GE Power
Job Number: 2757830
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
- The Senior Project Manager will lead and manage new unit aeroderivative power generation projects in SSA.
- Lead, manage and/or support the project through delivery, installation, commissioning, commercial operation and contract closeout.
- Manage and report financial aspects of project including budget, costs, margin, invoicing, receivable collection and revenue recognition.
- Lead project teams through project reviews in order to identify and manage risks, monitor financial and operational performance against the project baseline and initiate corrective action where appropriate. Update business leaders.
- Follow GE Quality and QMS procedures.
- Participate in six sigma / quality improvement activities for the purpose of improving project execution quality and customer satisfaction.
- Execute projects in compliance with contract requirements including scope, schedule, budget, quality, while managing risk, improving margin and exceeding customer expectations.
- Primary customer contact and advocate responsible for resolving technical / commercial issues, managing communications and providing periodic status updates.
- Manage/support technical and commercial risk including contract changes, margin erosion, receivables, liquidated damages / claims and effective project closeout.
- Manage and support onshore scope, local partner and/or subcontractor relationship.
- Identify, pursue and close margin enhancement opportunities via contract change order for additional equipment and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Master’s (Engineering or MBA) degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the power generation industry
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Project Management experience in power industry
- Experience managing customer contracts
- Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies / remedies
- Familiarity with GE's LM series gas turbine package
- Microsoft suite proficiency
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certified (GE employees only)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with external customers
- Technical knowledge of GE gas turbine product line and systems
- Proven leadership skills, and ability to effectively manage teams in a matrix organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.