18 Oct 2016
Siemens Job in Lagos for a Training Manager
international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Siemens is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Manager
Req ID: 242179
- Manages the Siemens Sitrain and Siemens Power Academies. Oversees department budget, with full responsibility for the P&L of the function.
- Must also have a strong commitment to personal professional development of trainers and training curricula.
- Ensures process and delivery improvement through improved course content, highly skilled training partner personnel, and enhanced innovative use of technology.
- Has strong focus on excellent delivery of a high quality training product, both to internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to sell training courses and programs, and to achieve growth of the department through increased customer demand.
What are my responsibilities?
- Drive Sales by promoting Training offerings to all existing and new customers
- Develop go-to-market strategy for Training portfolio fitting with market requirements
- Gather feedback from customer, assess customer’s needs, address customer inquiries and provide ideas and suggestions on relevant training offerings
- Develop and deliver a balanced training schedule which meets the needs of the general market and regional authorities
- Ensuring the availability of adequate resources in terms of training staff, materials & equipment.
- Oversees the tendering process to ensure incoming enquiries are dealt with efficiently and competitively.
- Ensure up-to-date certification and licensing from approved Technical Societies and Certification Bodies in alignment with quality objectives
- Take day-to-day responsibility for the general upkeep of the Training department
- Establish apprenticeship schemes, training curricula and development programs meeting the needs of clients, educational institutions and State Governments
- Enhance performance of the department utilizing modern training and management techniques.
- Create and drive opportunities to guarantee achievement of Order Intake & Sales targets
- Deliver presentations and provide technical knowledge-sharing/ training to customers
- Regularly update customer information and pipeline in the Philos CRM tool and develop efficient weekly working plan and monthly business reports for management
- Act as a change agent to proactively derive new opportunities for Training and develop trusted relationships with customers to ensure increased customer satisfaction
- Day-to-day supervision of trainers, training partners, training plan and content
- Providing reports on department performance on a regular basis and managing budget
- Successful proven track record in a Sales related function
- Ability to produce internal reports, tender documents, and training related documentation in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ability to establish and maintain high quality of training results and training environment
- Ability to develop new opportunities in related sectors
- Ability to work under pressure and according to tight timescales
- Should possess good organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Occasional travel within and outside of Lagos
- Good technical knowledge and teaching skills exhibiting a passion for training
- Excellent communication skills and clear vocal delivery
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills with ability to supervise trainers, oversee facilities and manage key stakeholders
- Strong evidence of ability to build consensus across multiple stakeholders with varying needs
- What knowledge and skills do I need to apply for the role?
- Master's in Business related course an advantage
- Experience as a Trainer also an added advantage
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.