Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited have been
practicing Logistics business since year 2004 and was incorporated and
registered in Nigeria on the 29th December, 2009 with Corporate Affair
Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Manager
- Have an oversight function for the Business Development Group
- Formulate a strategic and tactical business plan for the company, and convert this into profitable business performance.
- Ensure the agreed level of service for all segment of business development targets.
- Provide management with required reports, information and
feedback to contribute to the effective strategic planning, budgeting
and performance management of the business in agreed formats and within
- Provide leadership to the Commercial/Operation unit comprising of Airfreight, Seafreight and Logistics.
- Effective coordination of Commercial/Operational duties towards organisational objectives
- Planning and forecasting operational requirements for SFILL.
- Co-ordinates the activities of the Business development unit in relation to Commercial/Operation function
- Liaise with clients, industry stakeholders and partners on business relations
- Continuously seek new ways to expand our service offerings by adding new and/or specialized carriers
- Liaise with HR to identify the gaps/needs of the team in order to improve capabilities and performance
- Maintain regular contact with subordinates to ensure smooth
operations and compliance with industry standard with customs
regulations and other required regulations/laws
- Monitor and take appropriate action to ensure profitability
targets are achieved, and fully complies with standard operating
- Manage, lead and develop all colleagues within the branch so
that their operational performance delivers in line with Company
- Managing and motivating the entire operations team to achieving the daily/weekly goals
- Utilizing SFILL’s international partners to win new business on the global market
- Turning lead local/international enquiries into profitable businesses
- Giving timely and regular feedback to Management on operational activities as often as its required
- Meeting with Executive Management to discuss future strategies and contributing to growth and direction of the company
- Participating in seminars. conferences to increase and build larger network and new opportunities for SFILL
- Implement structure and improve process flow and efficiencies for the unit
- A good first degree from a reputable University/Polytechnic or relevant professional qualification(s) will be an advantage
- Must have leadership & hands on experience in International
Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain Logistics and Project Management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, able to build relationship and foster teamwork
- Works well in a busy environment on an individual and team basis.
- Organised; can manage numerous tasks whilst enhancing the customer experience.
- Reliable; meets deadlines without compromising the quality of work.
- Minimum of 3-6 years’ managerial experience in International
Freight Forwarding & General Logistics, and Project Management will
be an added advantage
- Must be familiar with Int’l Freight Forwarding commercial quotation and regulations
- Has working business knowledge/hands-on experience of the Shipping & Logistics industry
- Previous Business Manager experience is essential.
- Has a proactive and can-do attitude in the pursuit of his/her responsibilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated resumes/ CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 15th November, 2016.