Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on
emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s
financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us
guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial
solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the
latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant
working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we
are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team
at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Credit Evaluation Manager (Commercial)
Job ID: 19614
Job Sector: Banking
- Group Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the
economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and
offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- To provide effective value adding risk management to assist
Business Banking in achieving their asset growth targets, whilst
maintaining a quality-lending book, through effective underwriting,
evaluation and approval of credit applications.
- Providing effective value adding risk management to assist
Business Banking in achieving their asset growth targets and ensure the
effective assessment of risk with respect to lending and related
activities across all branches, expert and private banking.
- The delivery of a professional service to all business units, by
assessing and evaluating credit facilities (new and/or existing) based
on sound credit & financial principles, whilst adhering to the
Bank’s group credit risk standards, maintaining credit independence and
managing risk reward balance.
- Evaluate accurately credit proposals to ensure they meet sound
business criteria and credit risk fall within acceptable parameters
within approved turnaround times.
- Identify, quantify and evaluate credit risks in relation to
profitability of business proposals and financial viability of Business
- Monitor watch lists process to ensure that irregular accounts
are identified early and accounts identified as high risk are being
managed effectively in terms of agreed action plans.
- Review of relevant internal & external communications, such
as circulars, economic reviews on industries, & financial or
industry publications to ensure that any development, new requirements
or external risks are properly taken cognizance of in lending decisions
or conditions of lending.
- Monitor the risk grading of all Business Banking customers using BBRS
- Overseeing the spreading of financial statements for Business Banking customers using Spread Pac.
- Ensure proper documentation and monitoring of all processed credit files
- Process credit applications and ensure timely and quality credit assessments and decisions are made.
- Build relationship with Regional, branch managers and Business
Banking managers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround
time on credit evaluations.
- Detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters and
evaluate the implications of such changes on continued banking
- Carry out other functions that could be assigned on daily basis in addition to present roles.
- Liaising with Legal department on credit related issues.
Key Performance Measures
- Good quality asset book in the Commercial space.
- Reduction in credit losses in the Commercial space.
- Contribute to Pre-Impaired and Impaired portfolio within agreed budget in the Commercial space.
- Asset growth in the Commercial space.
- Improvement in rework, decline and approval rate in the Commercial space
Internal and External Relationships
- Commercial Relationship Managers
- Legal Officers.
- Bank’s client in the Commercial Banking Space
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc in any Social Science course with a Master’s degree or professional qualification
- Minimum of 7 years banking experience, particularly pertaining
to credit risk management, banking processes with regard to banking
products and the operation thereof.
- Detailed understanding of accounting, including both management
and financial accounting, in order to analyze the financial strength and
weaknesses of clients, and identify potential risk to credit proposals.
- Thorough understanding of all the bank’s product and facilities
that give rise to counterparty credit risk, including their mechanisms
and source of profitability for the client and the bank, and what
constitutes credit risk in these facilities.
- Understanding terms of the facilities, and any conditions and
covenants that will need to be complied with over the duration of the
facility’s life, in order to manage risk within set parameters.
- Sound knowledge of available products, including Group Company
and related products, competitor products and industry trends. Must know
product constraints and how to adapt to customer needs and
- Sound knowledge and understanding of credit criteria, credit
policies, risk and financial analysis, credit control and the
- Thorough working knowledge of the operating system and its
related procedures, for analyzing the account behavior of clients,
identifying trends or shift in credit risk profiles and the management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th November, 2016.