27 Oct 2016
Stanbic IBTC Bank Vacancy for a Credit Evaluation Manager
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Credit Evaluation Manager (Commercial)
Job ID: 19614
Job Sector: Banking
- Group Risk Management: understanding all risks - from the economic to the political - that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- To provide effective value adding risk management to assist Business Banking in achieving their asset growth targets, whilst maintaining a quality-lending book, through effective underwriting, evaluation and approval of credit applications.
- Providing effective value adding risk management to assist Business Banking in achieving their asset growth targets and ensure the effective assessment of risk with respect to lending and related activities across all branches, expert and private banking.
- The delivery of a professional service to all business units, by assessing and evaluating credit facilities (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & financial principles, whilst adhering to the Bank’s group credit risk standards, maintaining credit independence and managing risk reward balance.
- Evaluate accurately credit proposals to ensure they meet sound business criteria and credit risk fall within acceptable parameters within approved turnaround times.
- Identify, quantify and evaluate credit risks in relation to profitability of business proposals and financial viability of Business banking credits.
- Monitor watch lists process to ensure that irregular accounts are identified early and accounts identified as high risk are being managed effectively in terms of agreed action plans.
- Review of relevant internal & external communications, such as circulars, economic reviews on industries, & financial or industry publications to ensure that any development, new requirements or external risks are properly taken cognizance of in lending decisions or conditions of lending.
- Monitor the risk grading of all Business Banking customers using BBRS
- Overseeing the spreading of financial statements for Business Banking customers using Spread Pac.
- Ensure proper documentation and monitoring of all processed credit files
- Process credit applications and ensure timely and quality credit assessments and decisions are made.
- Build relationship with Regional, branch managers and Business Banking managers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
- Detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters and evaluate the implications of such changes on continued banking relationship.
- Carry out other functions that could be assigned on daily basis in addition to present roles.
- Liaising with Legal department on credit related issues.
- Good quality asset book in the Commercial space.
- Reduction in credit losses in the Commercial space.
- Contribute to Pre-Impaired and Impaired portfolio within agreed budget in the Commercial space.
- Asset growth in the Commercial space.
- Improvement in rework, decline and approval rate in the Commercial space
- Commercial Relationship Managers
- Legal Officers.
- Bank’s client in the Commercial Banking Space
- B.Sc in any Social Science course with a Master’s degree or professional qualification
- Minimum of 7 years banking experience, particularly pertaining to credit risk management, banking processes with regard to banking products and the operation thereof.
- Detailed understanding of accounting, including both management and financial accounting, in order to analyze the financial strength and weaknesses of clients, and identify potential risk to credit proposals.
- Thorough understanding of all the bank’s product and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk, including their mechanisms and source of profitability for the client and the bank, and what constitutes credit risk in these facilities.
- Understanding terms of the facilities, and any conditions and covenants that will need to be complied with over the duration of the facility’s life, in order to manage risk within set parameters.
- Sound knowledge of available products, including Group Company and related products, competitor products and industry trends. Must know product constraints and how to adapt to customer needs and profitability.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of credit criteria, credit policies, risk and financial analysis, credit control and the application thereof
- Thorough working knowledge of the operating system and its related procedures, for analyzing the account behavior of clients, identifying trends or shift in credit risk profiles and the management of excesses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.