Standard Chartered Bank is a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Job Title: Cluster Contract Manager
– Assurance – Administer.
The person ensures that the country contracts
are updated to reflect variations, minor and major change. This person
monitors contract performance against all service lines to ensure the
supply partner is satisfying their obligations
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- *Responsible for contract maintenance
- *Manage contractual implication of change
- *Financial monitoring (i.e. Invoice review and validation)
- *Collate performance data (i.e. KPIs)
- *Manage KPI & SLA compliance in coordination with the supply partner
- *Risk monitoring (i.e. Financial due diligence, risk assessments)
- *Conduct comprehensive periodic sampling and review against deliverables
- *Analyse and validate SP monthly/quarterly/annual services delivery report
- *Own supplier monitoring tools
- *Drive implementation of periodic reviews
- *Participate in material sub-contract reviews
process to identify poor performance or compliance gaps and track
action plans to close gaps *Manage Client on boarding obligations
- *Interpret bank policies, standards etc for SP where required.
and request support from hub technical resources as required
Operational Risk As a process owner for CM and or with supervisory
responsibilities you are designated as first line of defense under our
Group Operational risk framework and as such you are responsible for
managing risks within your area of responsibility. Specifically you have
prescribed responsibilities to;
- *Ensure all material risks are
identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported *Ensure
applicable external laws and regulations and internal policies,
procedures, limits and other risk control requirements are implemented
and complied with
- *Propose control enhancements to ensure that any
known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and to
- *Align business (or functional) strategy with risk appetite and seek to optimise the risk-return profile of the business
the right tone for the risk management culture of the team in internal
communications and performance objectives *Candidate is also required to
establish and implement an effective program of control reviews that
verify that the process(s) you are responsible for are operating as
designed and control are working effectively
Qualifications and Skills
- *Support Property Pillars and strategy. Support Bank’s strategic intent.
of Bank by optimising the Bank’s property related costs. The Group and
Business objectives on procedures and standards in addition to providing
cost effective solutions.
- *Bank’s Compliance with regulators.
Long-term stability of the Bank’s operations by minimising and
mitigating the Bank’s exposure to property, procurement and SPM related
- *The recognition of Property as a professional, disciplined and valued function within the bank
- *Clear understanding of appropriate country service standards and partnership performance.
- *Commercial awareness. Understands commercial implications of service decisions.
- *Ability to support partner through this role rather than oversee.
- *Actively search out local opportunities and articulate benefits case and risks
- *Promote open, constructive and collaborative relations
- Experience in managing supply partners to delivery optimised performance at a country level.
Influencing Right Outcomes:
to work with the supply partner for the best outcome while making sure
the supply partner remains compliant with policies and the contract.
Ability to articulate and influence the supply partner towards expected
- While this role’s immediate team is
likely to be small, excellent people skills, communication, team
building, partnering techniques and mentoring skills are required. Managing Change Needs clarity and ability to interpret and implement
- This role must exemplify the
values of the bank and the partnership, influence behaviours and change.
- The assurance activity could if handled badly become a clip board
exercise in checking the supply partner.
This individual will have
the maturity to act on behalf of SCB while working with the supply
partner to deliver the contracts requirements.
- Making it Happen This
role is about on the ground engagement with the Supply Partner at a
country level and must understand all the service levels and be able to
work with the supply partner to introduce solutions.
drive, energy, patience and an ability to get the best solution out of
- This role requires commercial and
contractual savvy and a clear understanding of how Supply Partners
deliver effect best.
The advantages and pitfalls of output based,
multi-service contracts and partnerships at a country level will be
second nature to this individual.
- Be commercially astute enough to
identify and implement country contract variations with GS. Supply
Partner Management Experience in managing multi service real estate
contracts at a country level.
- Experience of procurement methods and
contractual terms and conditions relating to relevant services.
knowledge and experience of performance management of partnerships.
Preferred Qualifications (experience more important than qualifications):
- *Experience – Real Estate, Relationship Management or GS position 3+ years
- *Associate of an Institute of Purchasing and Supply, FM, Real Estate or similar related field.
- *Minimum of a second class degree in Procurement, Real Estate or similar.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply