Job Title: Economics/Civic Education Teacher
Department: Charter School
Summary of Position
- The Economics/Civic Education Teacher will work towards the
achievement of the purpose and aims of the charter school through the
delivery of effective teaching, leading to high quality learning for
students in Economics and Civic Education.
- Also, he/she will be charged with the responsibility of creating
a classroom environment that develops in each student an awareness of
his/her civic roles and responsibilities in accordance with the mission
and vision of the school.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses,
resources, schemes of work, making policies and teaching strategies in
the subject area of civic education
- To contribute to the implementation and improvement of a plan in the subject area
- To plan and prepare courses and lessons and ensure a high
quality of learning experience for the students on being a responsible
citizen of their countries.
- To ensure that the classroom provides a positive learning environment including the use of stimulating displays
- To take part in the staff development program
- To continue personal development in relevant areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods
- To review from time to time methods of teaching and programs of work
- To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate
and up to date information in the tracking of students and their
- To communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate
- To cooperate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective use of resources to the benefit of the school and the students.
- To actively promote schools’ policies and continue personal development as agreed
- To make students aware of their rights and duties to constituted authorities.
- To communicate, as appropriate, with the parents of students and
with persons or bodies outside the school concerned with the welfare of
individual students after consultation with the Executive Director AUN
- To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress,
development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are
- To use a variety of delivery methods that will stimulate
learning appropriate to students’ needs and the demands of the relevant
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s
procedures and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality,
behavior, and standards of work.
- To undertake any other duties as specified by the supervisor.
- A B.Ed from a recognized tertiary institution in a relevant field
- Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
- Use of instructional technology for teaching and learning.
- A Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) would be a plus.
- Three (3) to five (5) years teaching experience.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 13th October, 2016.