The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest
humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human
suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially
during armed conflicts and other emergencies.
It is present in every
country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub
Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy
Job Title: Administrative Clerk/Cashier
- Executes all financial and administrative duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Ensures regular payments related to administration activities ex: electricity, water, office bills e.t.c
- Collates staff leave and overtime compensation requests and
transmits them in a timely manner to the HR Service Provider in Yola SD
- Keeps up to date about HR policies and procedures and disseminates them to colleagues
- Supervises domestic staff including: organization and execution of tasks, organization of replacement when
- Anticipates cash needs of the office and plans payments and request transfers accordingly
- Ensures that financial supporting documents are produced
according to ICRC financial rules (translation, supplier information and
stamp, logistic support documents, approvals / signatures etc.)
- Prepares and sends accounting documents for monthly closing to the Admin Assistant
Minimum Required Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of Secondary Education and Certificate in Business Administration or Secretarial Studies
- Knowledge of socio and economic environment of Northern Nigeria
- Good level of computer literacy and very good computer skills especially Office software
- Good command of written and spoken English
- 1 years’ work experience in a similar position
- Resourceful, motivated, has initiative and is organized
- Conscientious and methodical approach to tasks
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate “Administrative Clerk/Cashier” as the
subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without
this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 21st October, 2016.