16 Oct 2016
Treasury Accountant Job at Bourbon Interoil
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 10/16/2016 01:05:00 pm Tags: Accounting Jobs , Accounting-Jobs , Bourbon Interoil , Lagos Jobs
employees across 45 countries. By joining BOURBON you will be "Under the flag of excellence”.
Job Title: Treasury Accountant (Based in Lagos)
To assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of Bank & Cash Reconciliation for all Locations,
- Prepares monthly GL entries and account reconciliations for petty cash, banks, cash advances and Staff Loans
- Monitor and Evaluate bank service fees on a monthly basis and address quality issues
- Manage all aspects of short-Investment portfolios
- Assist in the management of Banking relationship
- Daily Cash status for management
- Assess risk/return tradeoffs in guidelines.
- Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes.
- Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
- Manage disbursement of Petty Cash Expenses for Lagos Office
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit, including special projects.
- Maintains reports, records, and files for all treasury activities.
- Report to the Head of General Accounting with a functional relationship with internal Finance sub team/departments.
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking, and financial instruments.
- General knowledge of GAAP and IFRS reporting requirements
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interested in process improvement.
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
- Ability to pick up tasks quickly with on-the-job training experience preferred.
- Previous experience in purchasing FX currency on the spot market, understanding of foreign currency markets and pricing.
- Familiarity with basic finance and accounting, including GL accounting systems, allocation methodology, purchase orders, and budgeting.
- Ability to handle diverse tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and identify and execute improvements in the treasury area. Previous project experience with payment automation is a plus.
- Maintain a neat work area, professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Must have at least 5 years prior treasury and cash management experience; management experience preferred
- Extensive experience in preparing cash and bank reconciliation.
- Experience in building complex financial models to evaluate various financial plans.
Fluent in English, Ability to communicate in French Language will be considered an asset.
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills.
- Good Knowledge ERP. Oracle ERP will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance from a reputable university.
- ACA/ACCA Certification is strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.