The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has
been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote
children’s survival, protection and development.
The world’s largest
provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child
health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education
for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence,
exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary
contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about
making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s
rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Supply Assistant
Summary of key Functions/Accountabilities
- Serves as contact person to facilitate Lagos Field Office supply planning process.
- Support to Lagos Field Office programme and operations colleagues in the issuance of Purchase requisition and Sales orders
- Support NCO supply section in market survey by recommending potential vendors
- Prepares bidding documents, drafts CRC submissions, raise PO,
sets realistic DATs to ensure prompt delivery and keeping adequate
records of all transactions in compliant to financial rules
- Monitoring of LTAs (e.g prints, custom clearing agents, etc), circulating bid documents and POs issued to Lagos vendors by NCO
Support to country office supply planning process and its execution:
- Researches into the market and intranet to ensure adequate price information, realistic DATs are set in the planning stages.
- Liaison with all sections in the FO to ensure the supply plan is in place and collated before the end of first quarter.
- Ensure all collated supply plan are well documented, stored and monitored for proper execution.
Monitoring of LTAs (e.g prints, custom clearing agents, etc),
circulating bid documents and POs issued to Lagos vendors by NCO:
- Monitors all LTA with Lagos vendors to ensure compliance to the terms and conditions of the LTAs
- Supports NCO to circulate bids and POs to Lagos vendors and follow up on pending deliveries to ensure to avoid late deliveries
- Prepares performance evaluation of LTA holders
Support to programme and operations colleagues in the Field Office in the issuance of purchase requisitions and sales orders:
- Interact with Programme / operation Sections in the preparation
and issuance of appropriate documents i.e. Supply Requisitions and Sales
orders – accuracy in the specifications, budget estimates, realistic
DATs and coding in line with Supply Manual
- Undertakes reconciliation and adjustments of expenditures on
requisitions, recording proof of delivery for GIT (goods in transit)
updates, monitoring of Contracts for closure, etc
Support NCO supply section in market survey by recommending potential vendors:
- Researches into the open market and intranet to pre-qualify
suitable vendors as need arises and ensuring adequate records of these
vendors for NCO consideration.
- Maintaining a chronological filing system for vendors
- Analyzing vendor performance at the end of every year and
recommend non performing vendors to the Supply and Logistic Manager for
Prepares bidding documents, draft CRC submission, raise POs, sets
realistic DATs to ensure prompt delivery and keeping adequate records of
- Prepares bidding documents (e.g RFQ/RFP, ITB) circulation of
same to UNICEF registered vendors, conducts bid opening in liaison with
supervisor and other sections, bid tabulation, draft CRC submission and
- Monitoring POs to ensure UNICEF obtains delivery promptly and according to the set DATs
- Conducts pre-delivery inspection of high value POs as per supply
manual and NCO supply SoP. Documenting the results and filing them
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on
status of PO and requisition on weekly basis for effective monitoring of
Undertake any other supply/programme related assignments depending on the office priorities and as assigned by supervisor.:
- The efficiency and effectiveness of the support provided by the
Supply Assistant to the section would facilitates the timely delivery of
supply component to the overall UNICEF Nigeria programme in Nigeria,
which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF’s capacity in helping the
most vulnerable women and children.
Competencies and level of Proficiency Required
(based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Drive for result
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
- Completion of Secondary education, preferably supplemented by
technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible work
experience in functional and technical area of supply, procurement and
contracting is required.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of one UN language the local language of the duty station, an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th November, 2016.